Beach Bungalows at Labadee

viajes001

We will be visiting Labadee on a Christmas Cruise and we were considering renting a bungalow in order to guarantee us a shaded places to relax. I began researching this last night but as I saw pictures it seems that the roof of the bungalows is not solid and that the sun comes through. If what we are looking for is some shade, will the bungalows provide it? What has been the experience of people who have rented these?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be visiting Labadee on a Christmas Cruise and we were considering renting a bungalow in order to guarantee us a shaded places to relax. I began researching this last night but as I saw pictures it seems that the roof of the bungalows is not solid and that the sun comes through. If what we are looking for is some shade, will the bungalows provide it? What has been the experience of people who have rented these?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My family rented 2 of them last Christmas Cruise and they were GREAT...There is some natural shade because they are close to a bunch of Palm Trees. The Bungalow its'self is extra shade. It was the best investment we made for the day. We got there early and chose the 2 middle ones. The first one is toooo much traffic for me and the last one is close to what looks like a small boat pier. A cooler with water was provided which we never did finish them all. The children loved the floats. I LOVED the very close proximity to the lunch buffett. One tip I can give you though it is a long walk from the gateway to Labadee. I was lucky and flagged down someone who was driving a golf cart and tipped them to take my husband and myself to the Bungalow area. When we were done and filled with Labadoozies our attendant got me a ride back and I tipped them both. Our attendant at the Bungalows (Morel) took very good care of our party of 12 :):D

You can get FREE shade under the trees...there is plenty! The loungers that abound on Labadee are ...wait for it....MOVEABLE! Put them where you want them! There really is no need to spend around $300-500 (not sure what the going rate is now), for shade!

We got one a couple of years ago and it was great! However I read a thread on here that they were destroyed during Irma or Maria. Someone posted that they were there after the storm and they had not started to rebuild them yet. We were planning on getting one the week after Thanksgiving, but not sure they will be available by then.

Does anyone else know when they are scheduled to rebuild?

We got one a couple of years ago and it was great! However I read a thread on here that they were destroyed during Irma or Maria. Someone posted that they were there after the storm and they had not started to rebuild them yet. We were planning on getting one the week after Thanksgiving, but not sure they will be available by then.

Does anyone else know when they are scheduled to rebuild?

It's the overwater cabanas that were destroyed. The beach bungalows are intact. We have one reserved for the week before Thanksgiving.

My sister are taking Oasis the week before Thanksgiving. She uses oxygen so I planned to get a beach transport chair and take her to the bungalows. Is that possible and are the bungalows per person or one price. When I tried to reserve it was confusing. She's not chair bound it would just be a long way for her to walk. Thoughts please?

You can get FREE shade under the trees...there is plenty! The loungers that abound on Labadee are ...wait for it....MOVEABLE! Put them where you want them! There really is no need to spend around $300-500 (not sure what the going rate is now), for shade!

Hey, guess what? The sun...wait for it...MOVES. A small spot that is shady at 1 may not be at 3. Plus there are plenty of other benefits to the bungalows. But since you don’t agree I guess no one should buy them. Get over yourself.

I will never understand why people on this site feel the need to be snarky. Yes, we all know the chairs are moveable. If you don’t want to help with the actual question being asked, move on. :rolleyes:

My sister are taking Oasis the week before Thanksgiving. She uses oxygen so I planned to get a beach transport chair and take her to the bungalows. Is that possible and are the bungalows per person or one price. When I tried to reserve it was confusing. She's not chair bound it would just be a long way for her to walk. Thoughts please?

Pricing is per bungalow not per person so just one person needs to purchase and then up to 6 can use. Watch the price too. I’ve purchased and canceled ours on Cococay three times for price drops.

From other threads regarding the bungalows, I've heard that if you stop someone on a golf cart and tell them you have a bungalow they will take you.

Someone else posted a pic from a ferry that apparently goes from the ship over to Columbus Cove, but that's the first I've heard of that.

There are also trams that run all day that will get you close, but not right there.

And yes, the bungalow price is per bungalow, not person. Only select one person in your group when purchasing. You can have up to 8 people in a bungalow.

Hey, guess what? The sun...wait for it...MOVES. A small spot that is shady at 1 may not be at 3. Plus there are plenty of other benefits to the bungalows. But since you don’t agree I guess no one should buy them. Get over yourself.

I will never understand why people on this site feel the need to be snarky. Yes, we all know the chairs are moveable. If you don’t want to help with the actual question being asked, move on. :rolleyes:

Par for the course. 80K+ posts of snark and/or total misinformation.

From other threads regarding the bungalows, I've heard that if you stop someone on a golf cart and tell them you have a bungalow they will take you.

Someone else posted a pic from a ferry that apparently goes from the ship over to Columbus Cove, but that's the first I've heard of that.

There are also trams that run all day that will get you close, but not right there.

And yes, the bungalow price is per bungalow, not person. Only select one person in your group when purchasing. You can have up to 8 people in a bungalow.

I can confirm that there are golf carts that will take your group over. We had a group of 7 and one of the extended carts took us over. When we were ready to head back, we asked and one of the attendants radioed for one to come pick us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par for the course. 80K+ posts of snark and/or total misinformation.

Seriously. Apparently they literally can't pass up a thread without adding their 2 unwanted cents.

I've noticed that it does seem to be the ones with tens of thousands of posts who are the nastiest. Almost as if they feel so many posts makes them cool, or an expert, instead of just kind of sad and pathetic.

I can confirm that there are golf carts that will take your group over. We had a group of 7 and one of the extended carts took us over. When we were ready to head back, we asked and one of the attendants radioed for one to come pick us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming! That's helpful for me for next month.

We were just at Labadee on October 5th on our Oasis cruise and we had a beach Bungalow. They were not destroyed by any hurricane, The sun does not come through the top and they are $250. There are two guys that will wait on you all day to go get your drinks, etc. They bring you beach towels, you have a bucket of ice with bottles of water and two floating mats couches in the bungalow and two nice loungers right outside the bungalow. It is at the far end of Columbus Cove and it is a roped off area and all the loungers in the shaded tree area in front of the bungalows are for the bungalow users and their guest only. Every time someone ventured over into the roped off bungalow area they were told to leave. They have a tram that goes from the entrance of Labadee all the way back to that area but you can walk it though. We were the first people there so we were able to get a person on a golf cart to take us back and we were able to get the bungalow of our choice. We thought it was well worth the $250 and enjoyed it very much. :cool:

We were just at Labadee on October 5th on our Oasis cruise and we had a beach Bungalow. They were not destroyed by any hurricane, The sun does not come through the top and they are $250. There are two guys that will wait on you all day to go get your drinks, etc. They bring you beach towels, you have a bucket of ice with bottles of water and two floating mats couches in the bungalow and two nice loungers right outside the bungalow. It is at the far end of Columbus Cove and it is a roped off area and all the loungers in the shaded tree area in front of the bungalows are for the bungalow users and their guest only. Every time someone ventured over into the roped off bungalow area they were told to leave. They have a tram that goes from the entrance of Labadee all the way back to that area but you can walk it though. We were the first people there so we were able to get a person on a golf cart to take us back and we were able to get the bungalow of our choice. We thought it was well worth the $250 and enjoyed it very much. :cool:

That's a lot of good info. Thank you!

We rented an umbrella all day on the beach for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, did you pre-book this or can you get them on the day? I've never heard of this option for Labadee and doesn't show on the cruise planner but it would be perfect for us.

Thanks

Hi, did you pre-book this or can you get them on the day? I've never heard of this option for Labadee and doesn't show on the cruise planner but it would be perfect for us.

Thanks

You can get the umbrellas once you get to Labadee.

Pricing is per bungalow not per person so just one person needs to purchase and then up to 6 can use. Watch the price too. I’ve purchased and canceled ours on Cococay three times for price drops.

Same for the one we have for our February Oasis cruise in Labadee. Booked first at $250. Then cancelled and rebooked during a sale for $200. If one is in your plans, keep you eyes open for sales in the excursions area.