Wine available in Duty Free Princess ships?

nini

Hi All-

We are doing a B2B (from the Coral to the Crown). We do not have a beverage package

so I would like to know the best way to bring two bottles of wine onto the Crown.

Plan A- Does the duty free shop on Princess (the Coral) have wine that would be delivered to us on

the final night?

Plan B- I have seen mentioned, that if I show/ prove that we will be doing this B2B, that we may

be allowed to bring on 4 bottles of wine, 2 of which will be stored and returned to us

on the last night.

I prefer to not get a cab in Port Everglades to run that errand.

TIA

Hi All-

We are doing a B2B (from the Coral to the Crown). We do not have a beverage package

so I would like to know the best way to bring two bottles of wine onto the Crown.

Plan A- Does the duty free shop on Princess (the Coral) have wine that would be delivered to us on

the final night?

Plan B- I have seen mentioned, that if I show/ prove that we will be doing this B2B, that we may

be allowed to bring on 4 bottles of wine, 2 of which will be stored and returned to us

on the last night.

I prefer to not get a cab in Port Everglades to run that errand.

TIA

We have friends who do back to back cruises often. She says she and her husband bring on 4 bottles at embarkation and explain they are doing back to back cruises. They have not been charged the corkage fee.

However, if you bring a bottle into the Crown Grill and it's one of the allowable "free" bottles they will charge you corkage. At least, that's been our experience with bringing wine into specialty restaurants.

Not sure if the ships duty free has wine but you can for sure buy wine while in a port during your first leg and have them hold it for you until the last night of your first leg.

There is also a Walgreens just outside dock #2 port Everglades that has champagne / wine. "Total Wine and More" was about a 10 minute walk from the port entrance.

Thank you! That information really helps. I really only remember "hard" alcohol

on the Princess duty free shop. It was easy to purchase and take home when we did Alaska

cruises- no flying involved.

I don't believe Princess sells wine out of their shop. I would go with the showing them B2B and explain why you have the bottles now instead of then. It may be a little different discussion as you are switching ships, but all you can do is explain and ask nicely. It should make no difference to them as an unstickered bottle does attract a corkage fee in ANY restaurant - not just specialty. Of course, it also depends on whether the waiter involved actually writes it up for you to sign.

Not sure if the ships duty free has wine but you can for sure buy wine while in a port during your first leg and have them hold it for you until the last night of your first leg.

There is also a Walgreens just outside dock #2 port Everglades that has champagne / wine. "Total Wine and More" was about a 10 minute walk from the port entrance.

...but if the ship does not dock at #2, it can be a very long walk to either of those stores....

...but if the ship does not dock at #2, it can be a very long walk to either of those stores....

Very true. If you are not at Dock #2 the walk would be too far for a couple bottles of wine and doesn't really make sense to Uber/Taxi. I'd say your best option is two bottles from a port stop to take with you on the second cruise. Because you are on 2 different ships I don't think taking 4 on the first leg is likely to work without a fee.