Is there a secret to Vibe passes?

Jcastle431

I don't think there is a good answer. You could either give the adults the lesser space or those with chldren a lesser space and either way neither would be happy.

Anyone traveling in the Haven, should expect there to be children, because of the number of bedrooms in some of the suites and the space in the others, not to mention NCL is a family friendly cruise line. I'll be in a Haven aft-penthouse next year, but won't be using the Haven or Vibe, for that matter, but if I were and I was relegated to a lesser space after spending money for the Haven, I would certainly be ticked off. Also, I believe all or most all of the suites have a balcony and I'm sure that would be a quite place. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is any place for undisciplined chldren that are running around screaming and yelling, canonballing into the pool, etc., but really not sure how to solve the issue.

They can ban undisciplined children from the Haven, problem solved. Tell the parents that if the children continue to run around etc. they aren't allowed in the Haven any more.

They can ban undisciplined children from the Haven, problem solved. Tell the parents that if the children continue to run around etc. they aren't allowed in the Haven any more.
They certainly should, but as some have posted, complaining goes on deaf ears, probably because those crew members don't want to lose a possible tip. Sad, but true.

We are doing a b2b on Escape in January. We would like Vibe for the second week . Do we have any advantage being b2b? Also, how much is the pass per person? Thanks.

On the 2nd leg, you will board before general boarding begins. You can walk to Headliners for your number and buy a pass for $99 pp.

On the 2nd leg, you will board before general boarding begins. You can walk to Headliners for your number and buy a pass for $99 pp.

So if someone gets to terminal real early and finds a B2B cruiser who does not wish Vibe pass, they can purchase it for you?!

They certainly should, but as some have posted, complaining goes on deaf ears, probably because those crew members don't want to lose a possible tip. Sad, but true.

Maybe they will get more tips from people wanting the "serene oasis" the Haven is advertised as.

It shall of course be clear rules about it so that a single crewmember can't decide not to care.

Is it really allowed to run close to the pool? Isn't that a safety issue?

Maybe they will get more tips from people wanting the "serene oasis" the Haven is advertised as.

It shall of course be clear rules about it so that a single crewmember can't decide not to care.

Is it really allowed to run close to the pool? Isn't that a safety issue?

I see kids running by the pool all the time and no one says anything. I'd bet if a child falls and cracks open their head, they will be a little more watchful.

Don't know, would someone really tip more than they planned, if it was quieter? Not so sure. Would a parent tip less, if someone stopped their child from playing? I'd bet they would.

I think they should just sell them online so people do not get all crazy running to get them or too many people showing up early at the port.

Or...they could start raising the price $199 per week, $299 per week, until they find the sweet spot where people will pay top dollar without all of this drama and showing up early. I mean, if they can charge $600 for a half day in a cabana, then an entire week in the vibe could easily be priced higher.

Heck...maybe they could even put Vibe passes and Spa passes in the bid system. Let everyone bid and then award the limited number of passes to the people willing to pay the most.

I see kids running by the pool all the time and no one says anything. I'd bet if a child falls and cracks open their head, they will be a little more watchful.

Don't know, would someone really tip more than they planned, if it was quieter? Not so sure.

If I should see my butler or the concierge tell a children to stop yell/run I should defenitely add another $100 for his/hers tip. (Unless the rules are very clear and they are just doing their job)

Or...they could start raising the price $199 per week, $299 per week, until they find the sweet spot where people will pay top dollar without all of this drama and showing up early.
Bingo!!

I suggested this some time ago and was chastized, but I still think if the passes are that coveted, I see no reason why they don't raise the price.

Does a b2b passengers get a numbered pass? I thought that they waited in a special area to board again if they should do a quick off-on.

Sorry that I wasn't more clear.

The b2b person would re-board the ship and walk to Headliners/Guest Services and get a numbered pass like these...(not me)

27660301155_6295c8b052_b.jpg

...then (if the b2b person didn't want VIBE) later hand those passes to their new best friend whenever that person boards. That person would then go and pay for VIBE access.

I feel like there is no easy answer to the issues, and not one answer that everybody would find "fair", but as others mentioned, even doubling the price of a week-long pass might possibly reduce demand enough that while still difficult to obtain, Vibe passes wouldn't be quite so legendarily rare prizes (especially for non-suite/platinum/etc guests).

I fully understand that the issue boils down to the fact that the main draw of the Vibe is both the amazing value and the exclusivity. Sell too many passes, and it would be overcrowded and no longer desirable, raise the price too high and it no longer is as attractive of a bargain. I personally would get turned off if either of those things changed, I'd at least personally be willing if they upped the number of passes by, maybe 25 and/or increased the price by a certain amount (not sure where that saturation point is, though) if it relieved some of the demand if it made it a slightly less cluster-F of a process to obtain.

That being said, I would never let not getting a vibe pass ruin a vacation, nor do I think I necessarily know better than the folks doing the raw data on how to price and make available these passes. If anything I'm shocked they haven't cashed in on the overwhelming demand by raising prices/crowding a bit more.

^^I’m shooting for them in November as well but I had them on the Escape same time last year and it was like being in a hurricane at least half the days. If you don’t get them, don’t let that affect your cruise. I had spa passes too and that is an awesome alternative and....no tornado wind gusts!

This^^^*

Both times I had it in November there were some sea days where it was pretty much unusable due to high winds. Chairs and umbrellas were locked down, there was no bar tender but the hot tubs were open.

So that was a big disappointment. On port days though it was a great atmosphere and I met a lot of fun people.

I am not sure if Its always windy like that or if I will attempt to get it again or not. I am not convinced it's worth the hassle of the stampede to get the passes.

If NCL wanted to offer the passes online a head of time, could they not only issue a certain % of passes to suites then open it up to all at 90 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How does spices H2O differ from The Vibe?

H20 is free, ship Aft. During the day I believe its 18 and older. Vibe is paid, $99 for the week with a max of about 80 passes sold give or take. My wife and I have been in Vibe on the BA and the Escape. The most amount of people I have seen on a sea day was under 30 at one time. Plenty of places to layout out or sit, private bar with 2-3 bartenders working. Check out the video below

Vibe.......

H20......

You have a great chance of getting them if you are in one of the first boarding groups. This generally means getting to the port around 9'ishAM and waiting around for hours only to join in the Amazing Race, Vibe Pass Edition. Other options? Booking a Haven, bidding strong to upgrade to a Haven or traveling with someone who has some physical limitation so you get priority boarding.

Amazing Race, Vibe Pass Edition - that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!!!:')

Has anyone had any luck still scoring Vibe passes in Section 7 or 8? I'm planning on getting to pier at about 10 or so and this has usually where I've landed.

How much are these passes and what do you get?

$99pp for a 7 day sailing. You get access to the Vibe beach club (a small 18+ area with nicer loungers, a hot tub, and a private bar).

The appeal of all of this is a relatively secluded/not crowded outdoor place and relatively empty/low use hot tub on a megaship with 5000+ pax.

H20 is free, ship Aft. During the day I believe its 18 and older. Vibe is paid, $99 for the week with a max of about 80 passes sold give or take. My wife and I have been in Vibe on the BA and the Escape. The most amount of people I have seen on a sea day was under 30 at one time. Plenty of places to layout out or sit, private bar with 2-3 bartenders working. Check out the video below

Vibe.......

H20......

Thanks for posting these videos.........If you asked me H2O looks just as nice as Vibe. Only thing I'd want is more umbrellas. I am not a sun worshiper....Irish white skin.

Amazing Race, Vibe Pass Edition - that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!!!:')

Has anyone had any luck still scoring Vibe passes in Section 7 or 8? I'm planning on getting to pier at about 10 or so and this has usually where I've landed.

It's literally a total crap shoot. When I was on the Escape last November, someone in Group 23 got the final 2 passes. There's just no way to predict because you never know how many Haven guests want them or how many with the priority boarding want them or if there are any groups onboard that get to go before group 2+ as well. Too many variables in play. They very simply could be all gone before group 2 gets to Guest Services, or, there could be some left with Group 23.