Discount Shore Excursions

watermusic101

Does Celebrity ever discount pre booked shore excursions like RCCL does?

Thanks

If you join the roll call for your cruise, you may find that your fellow passengers have already set up private excursions that you can join (or of course, you could set one up and find others to join you using that same roll call). Generally speaking the privately set up excursions are significantly less cost than those offered by Celebrity, even with a 20% discount.

If you join the roll call for your cruise, you may find that your fellow passengers have already set up private excursions that you can join (or of course, you could set one up and find others to join you using that same roll call). Generally speaking the privately set up excursions are significantly less cost than those offered by Celebrity, even with a 20% discount.

No arguments as to private excursions costs being less. I still bought them because I had over $900 in OBC to spend so they cost me nothing out of pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did you find out about those discounts?

An e-mail from Celebrity announcing the discount event.

Once the date of allowing a discount arrived, going through the online excursion booking process would lead to the discount pricing being shown.

As someone above pointed out, the discounts did not apply to all the excursions and applied in different amounts to some of them.

Usually when this "sale" is going on, there is also a discount available for pre-purchasing Internet packages and specialty dining packages.

I've gotten emails about up to 20% off sales. They are usually 72 hour sales. The last one we took advantage of was a few months back. We had to wait on hold for and hour twice because the website wasn't working (for a change!). After emails back and forth and multiple phone calls, we booked two excursions. Not all were on sale. The ones for our cruise that were on sale were only 5% off and we saved a whopping $6. It was certainly not worth my time or trouble to me.

We took advantage of the 72 hour sale at the beginning of October and saved 15% on one tour we knew we wanted for sure. Held off on the other ones at that time. Since then we booked a day long tour with some fellow passengers.

I am still hoping for another sale to possibly buy another shore excursion and to buy our drink packages which might be cheaper than waiting until our first sea day.

We learned of a 20% off sale last month through our roll call, never received an email from X. In reading the fine print discovered it was "up to" 20% off. The web site only showed the current price so you couldn't tell how big the discount was. Ended up booking two. After the sale was over checked back and saw we had saved 10% on one and less than that on the other .