Cruise ships on the market for sale.

Thorncroft

Looks like Fantasy is still on the market, but now Elation is listed as well. Several RCI and Celebrity ships on the block too.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/Power

Consider the recent dry dock with the addition of balconies she's not going anywhere, her and the Paradise will be the last two to leave if anything considering they have better propulsion.

Consider the recent dry dock with the addition of balconies she's not going anywhere, her and the Paradise will be the last two to leave if anything considering they have better propulsion.

I'm not the one who listed it for sale for $250,000,000, but yet, there it is.

Great,

Gives all these whiners an opportunity to buy a cruise ship at a decent price and start their own cruise line.

You know, all those people who know how to do it better, proved better customer service, pay better wages, go to better ports, refund that money for people who can't go last minute or just change their mind.

Great,

Gives all these whiners an opportunity to buy a cruise ship at a decent price and start their own cruise line.

You know, all those people who know how to do it better, proved better customer service, pay better wages, go to better ports, refund that money for people who can't go last minute or just change their mind.

Gee, someone had a bad day.

Great,

LOL I loved your comment. thanks for the laugh. :p

I made an offer on the FANTASY about a year ago and it was not accepted. Perhaps I will raise it a bit now and see if they bite.

Yeah, if you had that much money you wouldn't be sailing on Carnival. ;p

But if your offer is accepted, how much OBC will you be offering Cruise Critic members?:D

Yeah, if you had that much money you wouldn't be sailing on Carnival. ;p

But if your offer is accepted, how much OBC will you be offering Cruise Critic members?:D

You do know the man is a multi millionaire ,right ?

I made an offer on the FANTASY about a year ago and it was not accepted. Perhaps I will raise it a bit now and see if they bite.

A truely self respecting serious cruiser needs a whole fleet. Why limit your pleasure to just one? Buy them all.

regardless whether Carnival keeps or sells Elation it still had to go in for its 5 year dry dock reconditioning per maritime law. Carnival will continue to sail Elation until it sells. Recent dry dock updates and reconditioning of Elation just make it that much more appealing to a buyer. Could be next week, could be next year or more before someone buys it. Carnival will keep making money off it till it changes hands. Once someone buys it they will agree on a transfer date down the road probably so Carnival can finish out most of its booked sailings. Then carnival will probably do a Dancing of The Ships to fill the hole.

Some sites still list the Jubilee for sale too, but around half of the superstructure has been broken up in the most recent photo I saw.

I figure the Elation should be safe for another 6-9 years. Given that Carnival has firm dry dock dates for 2019 for the Fantasy, I don't expect it to leave before December 2021. It might even make it to 2024 if Carnival intends to introduce a new ship that year.

A truely self respecting serious cruiser needs a whole fleet. Why limit your pleasure to just one? Buy them all.

One is enough for me and my family with a few friends thrown in, if I owned a whole fleet would have to fill them by inviting in riff raff.

BTW we will have a topless deck with max age of 35 so not sure if I will let me go on it.

One is enough for me and my family with a few friends thrown in' date=' if I owned a whole fleet would have to fill them by inviting in riff raff.

BTW we will have a topless deck with max age of 35 so not sure if I will let me go on it.[/quote']

Riff Raff ? :o

Ya, us. LOL. Half the members of this CC board too. (mean that with good humorous intentions) In some shape, form or category we probably are all Riff Raff in some way to others.

I see ,so he's talking about the type of person that cruise Carnival on a regular basis :D