Does this headline concern you?

Notonboard

Guess I see it a bit differently than others, trying to use some common sense. I love to travel and try to do so as often as possible, but I don't feel that it's worth any risk. I'd rather be around to see the grandchildren grow up and enjoy my family than see more sights around the world.

I'll be on a world cruise in a little over a year and it stops in some possibly-not-so-safe areas. I haven't decided yet, but I may stay on the ship in some ports if I'm uncomfortable with the situation at that time. Or some places in the world are just not where I choose to travel at certain times. This doesn't make "them win." Terrorism isn't going to stop if I choose to travel near them or not.

JMHO. :D

Returning ISIS Militants May Plan Terror Attacks on Caribbean Tourists.

Help I have someone in my family who sends me travel horror stories.

Sounds like this person is a moron, or perhaps is jealous of your trips. Ignore them. When in the Caribbean there ARE pick pockets & the like, just as in any tourist area.

With one mass shooting per day in the USA, the OP lives in one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

Leaving it for vacation might save his life.

Considering your recent join date, I more suspect you're more of a troll than someone with useful info. You can crawl back under your rock now!

More fear tactics because of more fake news, sheesh do your own research. We've been going all over the world, the news only dwells on the negative because they think that's the story to go with, think about the extremely small percentage of each country where the knuckleheads operate, stay away from those areas, plenty of country to see where ever you go.

That sounds exactly like something my co-worker would send me. She always finds something negative about any place that I (or other co-workers) or going. She does zero traveling herself, but loves to rain on others parades.

My goodness ... sounds exactly like my former coworkers. They can't wait to send me news of anything bad that happens on a cruiseship .. from norovirus to dumping of waste, someone jumping overboard to a kid drowning in the pool, mechanical mishaps to bad weather, etc, etc, etc. I even got the hassles when going to the Rose Bowl Parade for their 100th anniversary and to Mardi Gras ... blah, blah, blah! I enjoyed them thoroughly.

My goodness ... sounds exactly like my former coworkers. They can't wait to send me news of anything bad that happens on a cruiseship .. from norovirus to dumping of waste, someone jumping overboard to a kid drowning in the pool, mechanical mishaps to bad weather, etc, etc, etc. I even got the hassles when going to the Rose Bowl Parade for their 100th anniversary and to Mardi Gras ... blah, blah, blah! I enjoyed them thoroughly.

You need all of your co-workers email addresses so you cans end a photo from each port and say "wish you were here to enjoy the great weather, awesome food, cold adult beverages, and incredible entertainment"

I was on the caribbean princess last week and when we got to trinidad the police suggested that we should not leave the cruise port.

long cruiser

That's been a dangerous port for many years. The only thing to do is take a Princess tour to avoid walking downtown & become a target.

Guess I see it a bit differently than others, trying to use some common sense. I love to travel and try to do so as often as possible, but I don't feel that it's worth any risk. I'd rather be around to see the grandchildren grow up and enjoy my family than see more sights around the world.

I'll be on a world cruise in a little over a year and it stops in some possibly-not-so-safe areas. I haven't decided yet, but I may stay on the ship in some ports if I'm uncomfortable with the situation at that time. Or some places in the world are just not where I choose to travel at certain times. This doesn't make "them win." Terrorism isn't going to stop if I choose to travel near them or not.

JMHO. :D

I share your thoughts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in Istanbul with Princess on a Saturday in their main square, the name escapes me now, and the next day a bus load of soldiers were targeted in an attack. Riots broke out in Athens on a day that we were visiting the Parliament and the cruise ship had to stay in port for 6 additional hours as the tour bus could not get back to the ship on time because of police shutting down the main avenues; we were on a plane coming back from London one year when the Underwear bomber had struck; We were in Egypt with Princess a month before all hell broke loose in Egypt; the list goes on and on. We will not stop travelling because of supposed threats They exist and we must simply carry on. We take our life into our hands every day when we cross get into our cars with all the people texting nowadays. No one is going to stop me and my family from travelling. EVER.