Staggered embarkation times

sswv

Just received an email regarding check in times for our upcoming cruise 11/15. They say checkin starts at noon and they are doing it by floor. So our check in time is 2 pm. Is this a suggested time or a firm time? We land at 10 30 am that’s a lot of time to kill

Our experience in September in San Pedro was that they don't really care what time you arrive at the port; they will have you sit down and wait until they are ready for you. And wait some more. And get put into a Group number for approaching the check-in desk. Our flight arrived fairly early, Princess transfer was efficient, but we weren't happy with how much time we had to spend waiting in the embarkation lounge. In the future I will think about arriving a little bit later in the afternoon to avoid so much sit and wait time.

I seriously doubt if anyone really follows that schedule for boarding. If they did it probably would relieve some congestion at the terminal but we always like to board asap and our cabins are always scheduled last, which isn't fair as we sometimes want to go to the DR for lunch.

You could arrive at 9:00 am and there would already be 100 people waiting in line. It's the nature of the beast. The same people who can't wait to be first on, are often the same who can't wait to be the first off.

count us in on the fifo - first in, first out except for the muster drill, then it's lifo - last in , first out.

we'll be there shortly after 10, which eliminates a 'stresser' - being parked, and in line. Better to be in line to get on with priority boarding, rather than still being 'on the way'.

count us in on the fifo - first in, first out except for the muster drill, then it's lifo - last in , first out.

we'll be there shortly after 10, which eliminates a 'stresser' - being parked, and in line. Better to be in line to get on with priority boarding, rather than still being 'on the way'.

Since I also drive I know where you coming from.

Who wants to be stuck in a traffic jam at 1 PM. :eek:

I'd rather get there at 10 AM & stand around for "who cares how long".....at least we've made it to the ship. :D

Having been stuck in traffic and rain driving from the High Desert to San Pedro, worrying about the possibility of missing the ship, with fear gnawing at my guts, stress levels climbing ever higher, well, I wouldn't mind waiting for an hour or two at the Embarkation Hall. I'd just stick my nose in whatever novel I was reading, and sooner or later, I'd be told to get in line.

I remember way back, when they used to serve refreshments in the Embarkation Hall. I think today, the servers would be overrun by starving passengers anxious to get started on the food!

Just received an email regarding check in times for our upcoming cruise 11/15. They say checkin starts at noon and they are doing it by floor. So our check in time is 2 pm. Is this a suggested time or a firm time? We land at 10 30 am that’s a lot of time to kill

You don't have to adhere to it.

You could arrive at 9:00 am and there would already be 100 people waiting in line. It's the nature of the beast.
That was us one time. We flew down the morning of our cruise--something we hardly ever do. We sat on benches outside the terminal until the departing passengers had left. They finally let us in to the building a little after 10. We then had another couple of hours of waiting before we boarded. Fortunately we were Platinum at the time and had preferred boarding.