Carnival's policy when a ticketed/paid passenger dies before sailing - DISGUSTING

DaveNetMan

And it's what's right. Rules are rules... but common decency should prevail. A death of a family member is awful, and helping out a family in need at the time should just be good business practice.

If one doesn't like the business practices of a specific company they should find a company who has business practices they like. To wail about a certain company's business practices that we have no right or ability to change is childish and a waste of time.

According to Carnival, there is no difference. If that's a problem, take it up with them.

That’s what OP has done and many, including you seem to have a problem with that.

And your post, which I quoted, does not say that as far “as Carnival is concerned....” you say there’s no difference between death and missing the ship for other reasons.. and a bunch of other inflammatory hulabaloo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s what OP has done and many, including you seem to have a problem with that.

And your post, which I quoted, does not say that as far “as Carnival is concerned....” you say there’s no difference between death and missing the ship for other reasons.. and a bunch of other inflammatory hulabaloo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First of all, the OP has done no such thing. The OP's sister called Carnival several times. The only thing the OP did was come here and call Carnival disgusting, completely ignoring the fact that Carnival is not required to do anything.

As for the fact that death, pier runners, someone who misses embarkation, etc.....are all treated the same (no refund) is considered inflammatory, again, take it up with Carnival. Their house, their rules. The almost funny thing is that you haven't been able to state a single fact about Carnival's rules to the contrary to what I and others have stated and simply wish to drag others into your emotional pit (like the OP) where your opinions, belief in what's considered fair, and emotions matter more than the rules. I don't get emotional over someone I don't know from Adam and even if I do know the person the rules still stand and there is no reason to get emotional over someone enforcing their own rules.

And it's what's right. Rules are rules... but common decency should prevail.
COMMON decency did prevail.

Your own personal preference did not.

Big difference.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

COMMON decency did prevail.

Your own personal preference did not.

Big difference.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Sorry, mate. I’m pretty sure that refunding a passenger’s cruise fare because they passed away is the right thing to do. I also suspect that most people agree with me. Failing to see that said actions are both compassionate and good for business is just short-sighted and rather mean-spirited.

Sorry, mate. I’m pretty sure that refunding a passenger’s cruise fare because they passed away is the right thing to do. I also suspect that most people agree with me. Failing to see that said actions are both compassionate and good for business is just short-sighted and rather mean-spirited.

It is neither.

Right for who, you or the business? Based on your logic, anything purchased by a deceased person within a certain amount of time should be able to be returned for a full refund. That just doesn't fly in the business world.

If Carnival wanted to have such a policy, they could and would. Since they don't it's obvious they don't want to follow such a policy. And for them, that's right.

First of all, the OP has done no such thing. The OP's sister called Carnival several times. The only thing the OP did was come here and call Carnival disgusting, completely ignoring the fact that Carnival is not required to do anything.

As for the fact that death, pier runners, someone who misses embarkation, etc.....are all treated the same (no refund) is considered inflammatory, again, take it up with Carnival. Their house, their rules. The almost funny thing is that you haven't been able to state a single fact about Carnival's rules to the contrary to what I and others have stated and simply wish to drag others into your emotional pit (like the OP) where your opinions, belief in what's considered fair, and emotions matter more than the rules. I don't get emotional over someone I don't know from Adam and even if I do know the person the rules still stand and there is no reason to get emotional over someone enforcing their own rules.

I don't often say this but this time I completely agree.

Most people agree with you? Your suspicion may be incorrect. Do you have poll results for us? I disagree. What if they are in a coma, expected to pass, or terminally ill, or very sick, or maybe getting sick tomorrow? Speaking to them in a compassionate voice is all should be expected.

No one here actually knows what Carnival's response has been. OP has not been back. Further, the OP contained several different questions to Carnival. What order were they asked? Answers would vary. We really don't have a single fact, other than that someone died and someone called Carnival.

Stating that this is what insurance is for does not imply that insurance was not purchased. WE don't know. No facts have been presented.

I'm trying to picture Carnival execs sitting in their offices hoping more people die so they can keep their money and resell the cabins