What does Free Style Machines mean?

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but since the original question was answered...

Many of the Freestyle machines around here seem to have disappeared, especially from McDonalds. Nobody local knew why, but a little research I found that McDs was threatened under the Americans with Disabilities Act because a blind person can't operate the machine (not that a blind person could pick which drink they were getting from a regular soda machine either, but I digress). So I assume RC wouldn't have this problem because they don't operate under American law?

Many of the Freestyle machines around here seem to have disappeared, especially from McDonalds. Nobody local knew why, but a little research I found that McDs was threatened under the Americans with Disabilities Act because a blind person can't operate the machine (not that a blind person could pick which drink they were getting from a regular soda machine either, but I digress). So I assume RC wouldn't have this problem because they don't operate under American law?

It's true that RC does not operate under American law while at sea, but I believe they do choose to follow the ADA. Whether they follow all aspects of the ADA, or just pick and choose, is maybe something the Chief can weigh in on.

The downside to this (Freestyle machines) is having to carry that darn big cup around with you :eek:

Just FYI for others who might read this, you only have to carry the cup to use the Freestyle machine. If you just want a regular glass of soda from the bar, you only have to show the soda package sticker on your seapass card.

Interesting post. I have seen a HANDICAPPED button on some version of the machines where people can get help if they can't reach the buttons. Obviously this does blind people no good. Perhaps if a person who is obviously blind would automatically get help from a restaurant employee? But I don't count on fast food employees to give correct change even with computers, so that is not a given.