Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

Guessing you haven't updated your signature with the November 2018 Breeze Journeys cruise! I was looking at researching it. I've been thinking about a Journeys cruise.

We aren't on the Breeze Journeys cruise though I know a few people that are. Journeys cruises are awesome and you should consider one if you haven't already been.:cool:

Following Jamman54! I love reading your reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Glad to have you along! :cool:

Day # 5 – Isla Roatan (9am to 6pm) - 10/11/17.

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_5201-XL.jpg

IMG_5202-XL.jpg

IMG_5203-XL.jpg

We were up at 7am. The seas were flat calm and it was mostly cloudy outside. The weather forecast called for some passing showers during the day. Out on the balcony we could see the sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds…..

IMG_5204-XL.jpg

IMG_5205-XL.jpg

This is what we will be doing today. We booked this through ShoreExcursioneer at a cost of $85 per person:

Roatan Las Sirenas Beach Resort VIP Premium Day Pass

Round trip transportation from your Roatan cruise terminal (Coxen Hole or Port of Roatan Mahogany Bay)!

Use of facilities at Las Sirenas Beach Resort such as swimming pool, lounge chairs and beach!

Guaranteed return to the pier 1 hour before ship departure!

All-inclusive day - all you want lunch buffet, special open Premium label bar, lounge chairs, pool...much, much more!

Enjoy a premium day all-inclusive day pass at the Las Sirenas Beach Resort in Roatan. Wish and want for nothing during your relaxing day at the beach.

Your friendly English speaking excursion guide will greet you outside your Roatan cruise terminal (Coxen Hole or Port of Roatan Mahogany Bay) and take you to Las Sirenas Beach Resort. Your departure time is one hour after ship arrival. Upon your arrival you will receive a wristband which gives you access to all the hotels facilities. You pick and choose how to spend your day at the resort.

Enjoy the inviting freshwater swimming pool, stroll the water sandy private beach, lounge in a comfortable chair poolside or on the beach, or maybe enjoy a relaxing visit to the jacuzzi.

There is a delicious, all you can eat buffet lunch served in the main restaurant. Selections include such items as salad bar, a la minute station (freshly made to order items), three side dishes a meat, poultry and a sea food options, and much more! Choices vary daily. Enjoy all you would want and dine inside, poolside or even down on the beach.

There is also a special premium open bar for the day pass guests that include local beers (Barena, Port Royal, Salva Vida, Imperial, and Heineken), international brands of: rum, vodka, tequila, gin,whisky, mixed cocktails, margaritas, rumrunners, tequila sunrise, etc. soft drinks, orange and pineapple juice, fruit punch, water, soft drinks and more.

Also included is the fresh water swimming pool, beach and poolside lounge chairs, restrooms, changing rooms and more amenities. We also offer the Las Sirenas Resort All Inclusive Beach Day Pass Excursion that offers a domestic open bar and one lunch choice.

The transportation will have you back at the pier one hour before your ship departs from your Roatan cruise terminal.

The Carnival Magic is approaching Mahogany Bay…..

IMG_5225-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

As we approached the pier you can see old wrecks in the shallows…..

IMG_5223-XL.jpg

IMG_5226-XL.jpg

This is where we will be docking today…..

IMG_5230-XL.jpg

Patti decides to go down one deck to the Lanai to take pictures of our arrival…..

IMG_5239-XL.jpg

The Magic is approaching the pier…..

IMG_5240-XL.jpg

We will be the only ship docking here in Mahogany Bay today. The dock workers are waiting for our arrival…..

IMG_5249-XL.jpg

To be continued…

I’m loving your review Jeff! As always your pictures are perfect, and your writing is remarkable! Thanks for all of the work that you put into this! [emoji7][emoji7]

Hey Wildra! Always great to have you aboard!!! Looking forward to reading your Dream review! :cool:

As she makes her way back to the cabin, Patti decides to take some pictures of venues that she might have missed earlier. Here is Guy’s Pig & Anchor BBQ, located on the Lanai, starboard side, which is open on sea days and embarkation day from noon to 2:30…..

IMG_5271-XL.jpg

IMG_5278-XL.jpg

IMG_5280-XL.jpg

The Lanai…..

IMG_5286-XL.jpg

IMG_5281-XL.jpg

One of the four Lanai hot tubs (two on each side)…..

IMG_5283-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

As she makes her way back to the cabin, Patti decides to take some pictures of venues that she might have missed earlier. Here is Guy’s Pig & Anchor BBQ, located on the Lanai, starboard side, which is open on sea days and embarkation day from noon to 2:30…..

IMG_5271-XL.jpg

IMG_5278-XL.jpg

IMG_5280-XL.jpg

Did y'all ever eat at Pig & Anchor? Or, am I getting ahead of the review? Curious how it is. Unfortunately, I live around some of the best BBQ in the world (anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong) and because of that, most BBQ elsewhere just doesn't hold up...

looking forward to the rest

Thanks for reading! Glad to have you aboard! :cool:

Did y'all ever eat at Pig & Anchor? Or, am I getting ahead of the review? Curious how it is. Unfortunately, I live around some of the best BBQ in the world (anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong) and because of that, most BBQ elsewhere just doesn't hold up...

On the Magic for two weeks and we never got around to eating there. Guess we'll have to try it next time. :cool:

Back on our balcony, Patti catches the MSC Opera approaching Coxen Hole…..

IMG_5331-XL.jpg

We decided to skip breakfast today, so at 9:15 we leave the ship to meet our tour guide outside of Mahogany Bay…..

IMG_5332-XL.jpg

We are walking on the pier heading to the terminal entrance……

IMG_5335-XL.jpg

IMG_5334-XL.jpg

This sign is just inside the terminal entrance door…..

IMG_5336-XL.jpg

This is the most photographed sign at Mahogany Bay…..

IMG_5337-XL.jpg

To bec ontinued…..

Great review, Jeff, which goes without saying as it's the default state for your reviews. One question - on the day 2 Funtimes, at 1345 on Lido, there was something called the Aussie Birthday Bash. Any idea what that was all about?

Cheers,

Mal

Hi Jeff & Patti,

I am really enjoying your review and Patti's pictures. I am in awe of you all doing a B2B2B. I met you in February on the Pride Journey Cruise. My group was booked on the Magic for the week of 9/6 - 13 but had to cancel because of the hurricane.

I just did a cruise on the Dream and in Cozumel went to Mr. Sancho's for the first time. We had a ball.

Looking forward to the rest of your review!!!

Great review, Jeff, which goes without saying as it's the default state for your reviews. One question - on the day 2 Funtimes, at 1345 on Lido, there was something called the Aussie Birthday Bash. Any idea what that was all about?

Cheers,Mal

Hey Mal! Glad you are enjoying the review. To tell you the truth, I have no idea what the Aussie Birthday Bash was about. I checked in our second weeks Fun Times and it was not there. :cool:

Hey there! :D

Too bad you didn't get to try Pig & Anchor. You missed the best food on the ship.

Hey Bill. Don't know how we never did this. Next time for sure! :D

Great review so far! I'm really enjoying reading along!

Glad to have you aboard! :cool: