Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

Hi Jeff & Patti,

I am really enjoying your review and Patti's pictures. I am in awe of you all doing a B2B2B. I met you in February on the Pride Journey Cruise. My group was booked on the Magic for the week of 9/6 - 13 but had to cancel because of the hurricane.

I just did a cruise on the Dream and in Cozumel went to Mr. Sancho's for the first time. We had a ball.

Looking forward to the rest of your review!!!

Hey M! Always glad to have you along for the ride! What week were you on the Dream? She was with us our second week at Mahogany Bay. Mr. Sancho's is our go to place in Cozumel. Always have a great time there! :cool:

Loving this review..will be on her May 5..:p

Glad to have you aboard and be sure to take notes! :cool:

Before I continue on, I want to talk a little about ship’s time vs local time. When I mention times in our reviews, I am always talking about ship’s time, which for this entire review is (EDT) Eastern Daylight Time. I only bring this up because today here in Roatan, local time is two hours behind ship’s time. If I remember correctly, the other three ports were one hour behind ship’s time. Of course, now that we have switched over to (EST) Eastern Standard Time, it could now be all different! Lol.

If you book an excursion other than a Carnival excursion, you will have some walking to do.Those tour operators are not allowed into Mahogany Bay, so they will wait for you outside the gates. For those of you that have not done this before, I will give you some good news and some bad news. The good news is that it’s less than a 15 minute walk from the time you leave the ship to get there. The bad news is that once you leave Mahogany Bay, you have to walk UP a big hill, (You can use the steps if you wish), then DOWN the other side to where the tour operators will be waiting for you.

As we were leaving Mahogany Bay some of the taxi drivers were offering to take us over the hill for $2 per person and I blew them off. Next time I will pay the $2. Here we are leaving Mahogany Bay…..

IMG_5350-XL.jpg

IMG_5354-XL.jpg

IMG_5355-XL.jpg

That’s me walking DOWN the hill……..

IMG_5356-XL.jpg

We have found our tour guide waving the Las Sirena’s sign…….

IMG_5357-XL.jpg

This is where the tour guides will be waiting for you…..

IMG_5358-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

There were 12 people booked on this excursion. A party of 4 was already there waiting, so we needed to wait for 6 more, and we waited, and waited, and waited. Patti doused herself and me with bug spray, and we still got bit up. The excursion was supposed to leave an hour after the ship’s arrival, and we were now past that time.

Finally, the tour guide said we weren’t waiting any more, and began leading us to our van. And we walked, and we walked, and we walked, until I finally asked the guy if we were walking to Las Sirenas. No joke, the van was parked in the furthest spot possible. As we were getting in the van, the last 6 people (3 couples travelling together), caught up, oblivious to the fact that they were late and had held us up. I wish we would have left 5 minutes sooner!

The ride to Las Sirenas on the west end of the island took about 45 minutes, though thankfully the scenery was nicer and the roads were smoother than yesterday in Belize. The weather didn’t look so good as it was totally cloudy and looked like it was going to pour any second. We have arrived at Las Sirenas. This is our van…..

IMG_5361-XL.jpg

We checked in and were given wristbands. We noticed that our wristbands were a different color from everyone else’s. Once everyone was checked in the hostess gave us a tour of the property. This was the bar and buffet area……

IMG_5365-XL.jpg

IMG_5364-XL.jpg

This is a view of the outside of the bar and buffet area…..

IMG_5371-XL.jpg

Our hostess then showed us the pool area…..

IMG_5369-XL.jpg

IMG_5367-XL.jpg

To be continued……

The hostess led us past the courtyard…….

IMG_5372-XL.jpg

IMG_5370-XL.jpg

She was now going to show the group our beach area, but told me and Patti to wait behind. She told us that since we had purchased the Premium VIP Package, we also had access to the Mayan Princess amenities. That’s why we had the different color wristbands. Cool. I think we spent an extra $20 per person for that honor. It appears that Las Sirenas and the Mayan Princess are owned by the same company and are right next to each other on the beach. She proceeded to give us a tour of the Mayan Princess. Here is the Mayan Princess Beach Bar and Restaurant…..

IMG_5373-XL.jpg

IMG_5384-XL.jpg

Here are some of the covered tables. We would make our home base under one of these…..

IMG_5374-XL.jpg

As she led us to the Mayan Princess pool, we passed some of the rooms. Looks like a nice place to stay…..

IMG_5375-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Hi all!

Jamman54 ~ finally found your review & it's great as usual! You started it the day I returned from my BTB NCL Escape & Conquest cruises. Looking forward to your Conquest review as I really liked that ship except for one thing I just realized, it didn't have Cucina which I have gone to for the first lunch before. Oh well, I had a Guy's burger instead.;)

So glad to be caught up, 19 pages in!!

~ Jo ~ :)

I hope that Italian restaurant is on the Dream and offering free lunch also! Just the place my hubby would love!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't recall a Cucina del Capitano being on the Dream though it's been a while since we were on her. :cool:

Does it cost an extra fee to use the thermal spa?

If you don't have a spa cabin you will need to buy a spa pass in order to use the Thermal suites. :cool:

Following

Thanks for following along! :cool:

Hi all!

Jamman54 ~ finally found your review & it's great as usual! You started it the day I returned from my BTB NCL Escape & Conquest cruises. Looking forward to your Conquest review as I really liked that ship except for one thing I just realized, it didn't have Cucina which I have gone to for the first lunch before. Oh well, I had a Guy's burger instead.;)

So glad to be caught up, 19 pages in!!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hey Jo! Thanks for jumping aboard once again! :D

Jeff and Patti, we have booked the Paradise April 12th cruise. We look forward to seeing you guys again, so is it Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel? Jim and Pat

Hey guys!! I hope you mean the April 14th cruise on the Paradise! :D It will be great to cruise with you again, and yes, Mr. Sancho's it is! :D

Very neat. Looks like Las Sirenas with the upgrade may be a good option for us next November. Can’t wait to hear more about it. Looks beautiful!!

We enjoyed our day there. I will be posting more photos and info from there. :cool:

Hey M! Always glad to have you along for the ride! What week were you on the Dream? She was with us our second week at Mahogany Bay. Mr. Sancho's is our go to place in Cozumel. Always have a great time there! :cool:

I was on the Dream 10/22 - 29 for the $100,000.00 Slot Tournament. The tournament was fun but I didn't make it pass the second round. I won this cruise on the Pride in June.

I love your review, as usual. I have a question about Mr. Sanchos. Do you book ahead of time or just show up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You can do it either way, but if there are a lot of ships in port the day you are there then it's best to reserve ahead of time. We always reserve ahead of time. :cool:

I was on the Dream 10/22 - 29 for the $100,000.00 Slot Tournament. The tournament was fun but I didn't make it pass the second round. I won this cruise on the Pride in June.

Good for you!! Would have been nice to bump into you at Mahogany Bay! :D

Patti went over to check out the Ladies room…..

IMG_5389-XL.jpg

When Patti left the ladies room it was absolutely pouring out…..

IMG_5390-XL.jpg

Patti ran to our table where we would have a few drinks until the rain passed us by…..

IMG_5392-XL.jpg

Once the rain stopped Patti went out to explore some more. Here are a few beach views……

IMG_5396-XL.jpg

IMG_5386-XL.jpg

IMG_5399-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

I don't recall a Cucina del Capitano being on the Dream though it's been a while since we were on her. :cool:

If you don't have a spa cabin you will need to buy a spa pass in order to use the Thermal suites. :cool:

My bad! I don't know why I typed in the Dream! I meant the Breeze! We will be sailing the Breeze in 2019 (haven't booked yet. Waiting till I return from my January 2018 cruise)