Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

What a small world, Jeff, we were in Belize the same day you were. :D We were on NCL's Escape and not in Belize City but at Harvest Caye, their private island. We had a nice relaxing day and so far, it looks like you did as well. And I love that you picked the "K" table.

Heather

These were our loungers with our table in the background…..

IMG_5128-XL.jpg

This was our view when sitting at our table…..

IMG_5152-XL.jpg

Our server Melissa said that she would get us anything that we wanted from the buffet. Didn’t I tell you she was awesome! She has brought us our lunch and some more drinks…..

IMG_5143-XL.jpg

IMG_5144-XL.jpg

IMG_5154-XL.jpg

IMG_5155-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Thank you for your review. We are on the Magic for a B2B end of Jan. We have everything planned except Belize. Does the excursion cost include drinks/alcohol?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading! Juice, lemonade, and water were free. Soda and alcohol were not, but as I remember were reasonably priced. :cool:

What a small world, Jeff, we were in Belize the same day you were. :D We were on NCL's Escape and not in Belize City but at Harvest Caye, their private island. We had a nice relaxing day and so far, it looks like you did as well. And I love that you picked the "K" table.

Heather

Hey Heather! Always great to have you along. Wow, it is a small world. Hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as we did ours. It was only fitting that the "K" table was in such a perfect location! :D

Day # 4 – Belize (9am to 6pm) – 10/10/17.

BACAB ECOPARK FAMILY ESCAPE

EXCURSIONDETAILS

Here’s the perfect way to spend a relaxing day amongst nature at its best. Designed for guests wanting to accompany family members who are participating in one of our shore excursions but do not wish to partake in an adventure tour. They can travel together, have lunch together and relax together.

On this excursion you will:

Learn about the country, its natural wonders, diverse culture and colorful history as you are transported to the Park by air-conditioned motor coach.

Entering the park you’ll see tropical wildflowers, flowering trees, palms and shrubs from which native butterflies and hummingbirds drink sweet nectar.

Experience our elevated palmetto boardwalk leading you to our main recreation area featuring the Pokonobwai Restaurant and Bar, where you can enjoy our Belizean lunch at your leisure, served buffet style.

After lunch, relax at poolside in a hammock under the shade or enjoy the waterfall and slide at our free form pool. Your kids will enjoy our mushroom water feature in the kiddie’s section.

Throughout your stay, you can enjoy various presentations and activities that showcase our Belizean history, rich culture and/or learn about our natural healing remedies by visiting “Ixchel Medicinal Trail” before returning to the port.

NOTES:

•FREE WiFi. FREE Lunch. Small gift shop on site. Locker rentals are available.

•Some walkways of uneven natural materials will be found throughout the Park.

•Sunscreen, insect repellant, swimwear and a towel are recommended.

•Once at the Park, guests can upgrade (depending on availability) to one of our other tours(Horseback Riding, Kayaking, Biking).

Starting At:

$49.99 /Adult (ages 13 and over)

$44.99 /Child (ages 4 - 12)

*Prices may vary by sailing.

Port: Belize

Duration: 4.5Hours

ActivityLevel: Moderate

No Minimum Age

They also have excursions to the Bacab Eco Park that include things such as Jungle Biking, Horseback Safari, or Kayak Creek Expedition. We chose the excursion that allows you to do nothing but relax, eat, and drink. That’s our kind of excursion! Lol.

To be continued…..

We did the bike excursion here last December. It was beautiful, but SO HOT and humid. I almost didn't do the biking because I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the heat until I bought a Power Aid and drank it. Our bus was supposed to be air conditioned, but it was far from cool. It was a great excursion, I would just suggest bringing something to drink on the bus in case it the AC isn't working well.

Once I scrolled through the rest of your photos I saw your guide on the bus - she's the same one we had. I want to say her name was Paula, but that was almost a year ago and I can hardly remember what I had for lunch yesterday, so don't quote me on that!!

Edited by jc4me
Addition

Hey Heather! Always great to have you along. Wow, it is a small world. Hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as we did ours. It was only fitting that the "K" table was in such a perfect location! :D

We had a wonderful cruise. Maybe someday we'll meet on the same cruise. :)

Heather

We did the bike excursion here last December. It was beautiful, but SO HOT and humid. I almost didn't do the biking because I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the heat until I bought a Power Aid and drank it. Our bus was supposed to be air conditioned, but it was far from cool. It was a great excursion, I would just suggest bringing something to drink on the bus in case it the AC isn't working well.

Once I scrolled through the rest of your photos I saw your guide on the bus - she's the same one we had. I want to say her name was Paula, but that was almost a year ago and I can hardly remember what I had for lunch yesterday, so don't quote me on that!!

The Bacab Eco Park looks lovely and doesn't look like very many people are there. The pool was quite a surprise at how nice it looked.

I'll be interested to see why you probably wouldn't do this excursion again.

We really did enjoy this excursion and I would say that the only negative was the long bumpy bus ride. Our bus wasn't that cool either, but again it wasn't sweltering. We would do this excursion again, but feel that there is so much we would need to do or see in Belize first before we went back.

Patti took most of the photos that you see early in the day, before those that did the kayaks, horseback riding, and bike riding showed up. In any event, it never got really crowded. There were two busloads or about 100 people total on all of the Eco Park excursions. :cool:

We had a wonderful cruise. Maybe someday we'll meet on the same cruise. :)

Heather

Some day Heather, some day! :D

This looks like a great excursion. I wish that something like this had been offered when we visited Belize back in 2014 with NCL (prior to the construction of Harvest Caye).

It looks like this was a fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was a fun day for sure! :D

We normally do not get off the ship in Belize, we use it as another "sea day" and enjoy a relatively empty ship.

We prefer the snorkel excursions that used to depart right from the ship in Belize. We've been into port several times seen all the shops and there really isn't anything to compare to other ports and we won't venture outside the port area on our own.

The excursion you went on looks nice, a lot like Paradise Beach in Cozumel, but not sure how I'd enjoy a 45 minute bus ride each way, but you don't know until you try!

Susan

We normally do not get off the ship in Belize, we use it as another "sea day" and enjoy a relatively empty ship.

We prefer the snorkel excursions that used to depart right from the ship in Belize. We've been into port several times seen all the shops and there really isn't anything to compare to other ports and we won't venture outside the port area on our own.

The excursion you went on looks nice, a lot like Paradise Beach in Cozumel, but not sure how I'd enjoy a 45 minute bus ride each way, but you don't know until you try!

Susan

Hey Susan! Your last sentence is exactly how we felt about Belize and our excursion. :cool:

We have a visitor…….

IMG_5147-XL.jpg

IMG_5148-XL.jpg

Patti enjoys one last dip in the pool…..

IMG_5156-XL.jpg

Soon it was time to head back to the ship, so after another bumpy 45 minute bus ride we were back at the port. Patti decided that she would do her shopping here next week, so we jumped on the next available tender. We are back on the tender heading back to the Carnival Magic…..

IMG_5159-XL.jpg

IMG_5173-XL.jpg

IMG_5174-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

The crew is waiting to help us get back on board the Magic…..

IMG_5182-XL.jpg

We were back on the ship a little after 5pm, and back at the cabin we found today’s towel creature…..

IMG_5184-XL.jpg

The Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle was scheduled for 5pm today at the Escape Bar. It was a poor time to schedule this event. The last tender from Belize wouldn’t be back until 6. Don’t know why they don’t schedule this on the first sea day.

Anyway, my plan is to take a quick shower, go to the M&M, and then afterwards go to the spa. Patti decided that she was too tired and would hang out in the cabin and out on the balcony until it was time for dinner. Here is the M&M invitation. It was also listed in the Fun Times…..

IMG_5186-XL.jpg

I got to the M&M about 5:25pm. There were 8 or 9 other Cruise Critic members there. Plenty of juice, water, and snacks were provided by Carnival. Those that were there from the beginning said that none of the staff had stopped by to say hello. That’s pretty disappointing. Anyway, we all talked for about twenty minutes or so before everyone left to go to dinner or elsewhere.

I made my way up to the spa for some T-Pool time and again it wasn’t crowded at all. I stayed until it was time to get ready for dinner.

Here are tonight’s dinner menus…..

IMG_5187-XL.jpg

IMG_5188-XL.jpg

IMG_5189-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Our bread basket.....

IMG_5190-XL.jpg

Patti and I both started with the cannelloni…….

IMG_5192-XL.jpg

I also had the prosciutto ruffles…..

IMG_5193-XL.jpg

For her main Patti had the salmon cakes…..

IMG_5195-XL.jpg

I had the linguini and Italian sausage and the fried chicken…..

IMG_5194-XL.jpg

IMG_5197-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Here is tonight’s dessert menu……

IMG_5199-XL.jpg

We both had the s’mores parfait. I love it, Patti not so much…..

IMG_5200-XL.jpg

Tonight’s service was again not that good. As we left the dining room we told the assistant maitre’d that we would like to have a different table for next week’s cruise. She didn’t seem surprised when we explained the issues. She told us that she had the perfect table for us, so we would just have to make it through this week. No problem since we would be doing the Steakhouse tomorrow, so we would just have two more days in the MDR remaining this cruise.

After walking around the ship for a while, we decided to call it a night.

Coming up next: Our first visit to Isla Roatan (Mahogany Bay), and a brand new Steakhouse experience!

that looks like a fun excursion in Belize. I would love to do the kayaking there though. Will have to check it out our next cruise there. (we have done Xunantunich, snorkel boat, and cave tubing on previous visits.) LOVE Belize. Love the people of Belize, too.

robin

I am very much enjoying your review. Can you explain the set up at Mr Sanchos for me? Do you get a table and set up sort of your home base as well as beach loungers or are you more limited to one place or the other? I have done the Casa en la Playa excursion which is very much a wherever you want to be kind of a thing as well as Nachi Cocum where they kind of expect you to stay in one place. Just wondering how Mr Sanchos compares.

Thank you Jeff and Patti for sharing your experiences and the fantastic photography. I always enjoy your reviews, and this one is easing my withdrawal until my next Carnival cruise NYE. It's been 2 years since I cruised Magic. I never have gotten off the ship in Belize because of the reviews I've read, and I appreciate your honest comments about Belize. So looking forward to the rest of your review...

We are on the Breeze with you in November 2018!! Looking forward to it & I also love Jamman54 reviews!!

Betty

Love that cabin, we try to book the bowling alley balconies whenever possible. Just snagged one on our 14-day Journey cruise on Breeze, next November, can't wait to enjoy it for 2 weeks. Had originally booked interior because of the price, however when I saw that cabin become available, felt like it was meant to be. :D We will be going on the Magic in couple of weeks on your same itinerary, love reading all the details you provide in all of your cruise reviews. Thanks for sharing (as well as your wife's great photography skills)!

I am very much enjoying your review. Can you explain the set up at Mr Sanchos for me? Do you get a table and set up sort of your home base as well as beach loungers or are you more limited to one place or the other? I have done the Casa en la Playa excursion which is very much a wherever you want to be kind of a thing as well as Nachi Cocum where they kind of expect you to stay in one place. Just wondering how Mr Sanchos compares.

Thanks for reading. You get to select your own table to use as your home base, and you can select your own loungers also. :)

Thank you Jeff and Patti for sharing your experiences and the fantastic photography. I always enjoy your reviews, and this one is easing my withdrawal until my next Carnival cruise NYE. It's been 2 years since I cruised Magic. I never have gotten off the ship in Belize because of the reviews I've read, and I appreciate your honest comments about Belize. So looking forward to the rest of your review...

Glad to have you along for the ride once again. :cool:

Thanks for reading. That Journeys cruise on the Breeze is going to be awesome! :cool:

Guessing you haven't updated your signature with the November 2018 Breeze Journeys cruise! I was looking at researching it. I've been thinking about a Journeys cruise.