Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

Here are some more beach views……

IMG_5401-XL.jpg

IMG_5402-XL.jpg

IMG_5404-XL.jpg

Once the sun came out the beach vendors came out in force. They were extremely aggressive and pushy. This was the one major negative about this excursion. The beach is public and not owned by the hotel, so nothing can be done about them…..

IMG_5398-XL.jpg

We are back at our table…….

IMG_5405-XL.jpg

Our view of the beach from our table…..

IMG_5406-XL.jpg

To be continued……

My bad! I don't know why I typed in the Dream! I meant the Breeze! We will be sailing the Breeze in 2019 (haven't booked yet. Waiting till I return from my January 2018 cruise)

Ah! That explains it. Enjoy your cruise on the Breeze and lunch at Cucina! :D

I love reading your reviews and appreciate the time you put into them[emoji854]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to have you along! :cool:

As we were sitting at our table, a tour guide was leading a Carnival excursion past us ando ver to the Las Sirenas side of the property. It appeared to be a full bus load. Carnival sells an “all-inclusive” excursion to the Mayan Princess for about $100 per person. However, the bar and drink menu is very limited. ShoreExcursioneer sells the same package for about $65 per person. That’s why for $20 more I upgraded to the VIP premium Package which gives us the full bar and drink menu, and is still $15 per person cheaper than Carnival. We found the Carnival excursion drink menu which I will share with you…..

IMG_5395-XL.jpg

Now before you try to invoke the 110% Carnival shore excursion guarantee, you will be told that Carnival’s excursion is to the Mayan Princess, and ShoreExcursioneer’s excursion is to Las Sirenas. Trust me, they are the same place!

Here is the Mayan Princess beach bar and restaurant…..

IMG_5410-XL.jpg

Here are even some more beach views…..

IMG_5411-XL.jpg

IMG_5412-XL.jpg

IMG_5416-XL.jpg

That’s me enjoying the water…..

IMG_5413-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Here is what we had for lunch. The food wasn’t bad at all…..

IMG_5424-XL.jpg

IMG_5425-XL.jpg

This was the view we had as we enjoyed our lunch…..

IMG_5426-XL.jpg

After lunch we decided to hang out at the Mayan Princess pool. As you can see from the pictures, we practically had the place to ourselves!

IMG_5431-XL.jpg

IMG_5430-XL.jpg

IMG_5433-XL.jpg

To be continued……

This posting has been going on for quite some time, and I doubt, if I will ever be able to read all of it.

My friend and I just decided to take the Magic (we had thought about Conquest as well), so I am trying to find out all I can about this ship.

You also mentioned Mahogany Bay, and we are going that direction too, so I'm trying to find out what to see there as well. We are not into snorkeling, etc., but I'm sure there are areas we can still see that would be interesting.

I'm tellin' ya, Jamman and Patti, after you sail the entire Carnival fleet, you should write a book. I'm sure you are missing those beaches now that NJ is being hit by an Arctic blast! :eek:

I know, right? I love every time I see a review pop up from Jamman and Patti! I love how she photographs the whole thing beautifully, and his writing of the reviews is the best! Jamman and Patti--you are living my dream--cruising all the time! It's the airfare that kills us! But if you are from NJ, and drive, maybe we should try that from our Buffalo, NY home! Then we could cruise more!!

This posting has been going on for quite some time, and I doubt, if I will ever be able to read all of it.

My friend and I just decided to take the Magic (we had thought about Conquest as well), so I am trying to find out all I can about this ship.

You also mentioned Mahogany Bay, and we are going that direction too, so I'm trying to find out what to see there as well. We are not into snorkeling, etc., but I'm sure there are areas we can still see that would be interesting.

The second time around we stayed at Mahogany Bay and Patti got plenty of pictures of the area. We had a beach cabana. Stay tuned! :cool:

Welcome Back Jeff and Patti.

Thanks for the writing the review.

Great Pictures.

Run Forest Run. LOL

Will be waiting on the rest of the review.

Hey Barb! Always great to have you along for the ride! :D

I'm tellin' ya, Jamman and Patti, after you sail the entire Carnival fleet, you should write a book. I'm sure you are missing those beaches now that NJ is being hit by an Arctic blast! :eek:

You are so right Karry! I'm losing all of my color. We are staying sane by planning for our next adventure in April. :cool:

I know, right? I love every time I see a review pop up from Jamman and Patti! I love how she photographs the whole thing beautifully, and his writing of the reviews is the best! Jamman and Patti--you are living my dream--cruising all the time! It's the airfare that kills us! But if you are from NJ, and drive, maybe we should try that from our Buffalo, NY home! Then we could cruise more!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! :) Since we have all the time in the world, driving is the way to go. However, Patti insists that we fly when we cruise out of Long Beach in 2019! :D

I never do all-inclusives, but your review is making me second-guess that idea. Jeff, how is it you find these excursions? Do you use Trip Advisor?

I too am curious how one goes about finding independent excursions!

Trip Advisor is a good resource. We started by googling "Caribbean all inclusive day passes" and a whole world opened up! Our favorites are "Resort for a Day" and "ShoreExcursioneer" :cool:

Soon it was 3:00pm and time to leave. Of course, the three couples that were late getting to the excursion, had to be tracked down so that we could leave. On our way back the driver stopped at the top of a hill, where we could see the Carnival Magic off in the distance docked at Mahogany Bay…..

IMG_5462-XL.jpg

We drove right through Coxen Hole on our way back to Mahogany Bay. Patti got these shots of MSC’s Opera as we drove through…….

IMG_5463-XL.jpg

IMG_5464-XL.jpg

IMG_5467-XL.jpg

IMG_5470-XL.jpg

We were dreading having to walk up and down the hill to get into Mahogany Bay. We were discussing amongst ourselves if we could bribe the driver to take us all the way back, when he announced that he was allowed to drop us off in Mahogany Bay at the end of the day. Yessss!!!

With a much shorter walk back to the ship, we were back in our cabin in no time at all. Here is today’s towel creature……..

IMG_5474-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

Yesterday, Patti had sent out a few bags of laundry to be done. They were on the bed when we returned, along with a cute note from “Yuda”……

IMG_5475-XL.jpg

We also got some treats and a note from CD Mat Seguin who is filling in for Dr. “E” while he is on his vacation……

IMG_5477-XL.jpg

IMG_5476-XL.jpg

IMG_5478-XL.jpg

We watched our sail away from our balcony, then made our way to the Prime Steakhouse for our 6:30 reservation. We were excited to be trying the new menu for the first time. Here are Patti and I at the Prime Steakhouse…..

IMG_5483-XL.jpg

IMG_5485-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

We have the perfect table right by the window……..

IMG_5481-XL.jpg

Gone is the entrée' presentation. You are given your menu to ponder over, and after you are served your water, drinks or wine, (we bought a bottle of Moscato), you will place your order. Of course the servers will answer any questions you may have regarding the menu. Speaking of menus, here they are……

IMG_5495-XL.jpg

IMG_5496-XL.jpg

IMG_5494-XL.jpg

Our bread plates along with the accompaniments…..

IMG_5500-XL.jpg

IMG_5501-XL.jpg

To be continued……..

The chefs are hard at work…….

IMG_5484-XL.jpg

We were both served an amuse-bouche which was chilled tomato soup…..

IMG_5499-XL.jpg

Our server then gave us a presentation of sea salts, so that you can tell the chef which one he will use in cooking your entrée'. There is a choice between 6 different sea salts. I never knew that there were that many varieties! We both chose the one on the upper left. It was the French something or other which she said was the caviar of sea salt. Lol…….

IMG_5506-XL.jpg

Our appetizers have arrived. Patti started with the baked onion soup……

IMG_5510-XL.jpg

She also had the Caesar salad, which was not prepared tableside but at a station nearby……..

IMG_5521-XL.jpg

IMG_5518-XL.jpg

To be continued………

I ordered two appetizers tonight since I wanted to try some of the new ones. I started with the stuffed mushroom caps…..

IMG_5511-XL.jpg

I also had the Heritage Berkshire pork belly…..

IMG_5519-XL.jpg

IMG_5520-XL.jpg

All of our appetizers were very good! Now it was time for the entrée’s. The entrees are delivered to your table in heated skillets and pans, and the server’s plate your entrée’s at the table. Nicely done! Another server will be there with your sides and sauces, etc....

IMG_5526-XL.jpg

Patti receives her broiled lobster tail…..

IMG_5528-XL.jpg

IMG_5532-XL.jpg

To be continued……