Is your passport expired ? let this be a lesson to all cruisers

I love a story with a happy ending.

Our Graham would not cut up one's expired passport. He is a 'Spethial person - keeper of ye olde red carpet @ Circular Quay in ye Olde Sydney Towne.:')

One aspect of this report I find rather odd is the "cutting up" of the passport.

Passports remain the property of the government and any wilful act of destruction is forbidden. A checkin person, or even Immigration Officer, would not have authority to cut up the passport.

"They cut her passport up " is a direct quote from the member of her group who was telling the details, I did not see the passport myself,

From personal experience my old passport was cut up at the post office, strips and corners were cut off the front and back cover and the first page.

Edited by castaway01

"They cut her passport up " is a direct quote from the member of her group who was telling us the details, I did not see the passport myself,

From personal experience my old passport was cut up at the post office, strips and corners were cut off the front and back cover

I think the cutting up the old one (snipping off the front corner) may be referring to as a probable action when they replace the passport.

One aspect of this report I find rather odd is the "cutting up" of the passport.

Passports remain the property of the government and any wilful act of destruction is forbidden. A checkin person, or even Immigration Officer, would not have authority to cut up the passport.

Definitely not odd. It's done to all expired passports either at the post office, in the passport office, or yes by DIMIA staff at the airport. They are all APS staff following standard directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the reminder.

Our 10yo daughter’s passport is expiring on 15 Jan 2018 and our cruise with Voyager is on 20 Dec for 10 days.

Will definitely renew her passport.

Cheers,

Judy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums