Specialty dining reservations using OBC?

Nebr.cruiser

If we reserve one of the specialty dining venues before we cruise, are we charged on our credit card right away or is it not paid for until we board. I would much rather use our rather considerable OBC for the additional charge for the venue.

I'm curious about this as well. I just reserved dinner on the Pearl for our Christmas cruise and saw no charge come up and my credit card is not on file with NCL. I read the fine print and saw no reference regarding not being able to reserve without paying. I got a confirmation email as well for the reservation. Last year when I tried to book ahead, there was a fee associated at the time I tried to reserve, so I waited. Maybe the policy has changed?

We are looking to book the Cirque Dreams dinner show ahead of time. Does anyone know if this has to be prepaid? Would rather use OBC.

Cirque Dreams requires a payment if you book it before your cruise. if you want to use OBC, you will have to book it on the ship

Thank you. I was afraid of that. They are only showing one time available--we want it on a certain date to celebrate a birthday. Do you think it is likely there will still be openings if we wait until we board to reserve?

The online accounts show OBC as 'to be used on ship'. With waiting until you're onship to get reservations, unless you have avery large group you shouldn't have much trouble getting reservations once you're on the ship.

Thank you. I was afraid of that. They are only showing one time available--we want it on a certain date to celebrate a birthday. Do you think it is likely there will still be openings if we wait until we board to reserve?

According to the lady I spoke to a couple of weeks ago, only 30% of all available reservations can be booked precruise.