Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

G'Day All......

It's wet and very stormy here in Wales as we get rid of one front another follows and due on our shores this afternoon....what fun!

M, l have had to do a little bit of work this week...more cracking the whip than anything! At least it's got me moving off the sofa!

Today I've removed almost all the festive decorations...as tradition dictates that we wait until 12th night I've left a few cards up!

Chicken casserole for luncheon with creamy mash and peas....good old comfort food on a bleak day!

😊

Dreary weather here as well. A big storm is becoming bigger off our coast and will move up towards New England.

Supposed to drop to 46F by this afternoon. Right now it's 71F.

Enjoying all the banter from afar, I hope all who are traveling reach their destination safely.

Meanwhile I think I will contemplate buttons.

Seems like a topic that looms large for some.

Your meal looks delicious J! Perfect comfort meal for nasty weather!

Good news about the zero deaths for jet travel during 2017. I hope that trend continues ad infinitum! (and that we didn't just get lucky for 2017).

I think it is an extraordinary achievement to have made a whole world-wide industry so safe. So many of us have that notion that getting those monsters off the ground and in into the air, and staying up there and then landing safely seems so improbable.

This isn't just about engineering but also about security.

Hi, lovely to see you return!

I long ago gave up scratch cooking my Indian food because there are now so many delicious sauces available, I only now work hard when I can add genuine value. I blend these two sauces together which gives you what seems like a very full bodied and spicey korma type result. It really is very good although they never intended them to be blended!

So what was used was:

ceceb312dcb2a6e06991371340025dfd.jpg

4a0080454ed3935ca0c81c45b3fe0a2d.jpg

e95312d41321f7a211736b4bf390fe40.jpg

4e1ecbef235c3f8a53026e0eb45dfa8f.jpg

cd3452a29927e0849f2c9efbdb84f105.jpg

930975d9034e74cbd6d1b9348ecd4831.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And about competent and well-trained staff!

YES!! Appreciate this "GOOD NEWS" on airline safety. Lots of credit to those who did these well-designed aircraft, plus the great staff doing the piloting, maintenance, etc. Since we are now only two and a half weeks from departing for Hong Kong and SE Asia, being safe on airlines is an important, personal topic.

We will have nine different flights around and between Bangkok, Ho Ch Minh City, Hanoi, Hue, etc. BUT, the two biggie flights will be of about 15 hours each on a Boeing 777 between Chicago and Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific. Those are long, long flights!!

Any updates from Tothesunset in going from Heathrow to Doha and South Africa on Qatar Airways?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 221,504 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

I've been reading at least once a day, just haven't said much. I have a rice cooker (much older model than yours) can get basmati rice. Googled "Holy Cow", don't think they have it in our area of the US. We'll be in Southampton before getting on a cruise next Aug, maybe I can find it there.

I've been reading at least once a day, just haven't said much. I have a rice cooker (much older model than yours) can get basmati rice. Googled "Holy Cow", don't think they have it in our area of the US. We'll be in Southampton before getting on a cruise next Aug, maybe I can find it there.

You should get it in Waitrose in Southampton. Or as it isn't a refrigerated product you might be able to order it from Amazon UK for US delivery? I order stuff from Amazon all over without issues. it is also long-dated. Or you could try asking directly.

http://holycowfc.co.uk/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=holy+cow+curry+sauces&sprefix=holy+cow+c%2Caps%2C145&crid=38HEWDXN1L8ZW

M, after many, many years of spice self-blending, and experimenting with pastes we found these. They taste just like an extremely superior Indian restaurant. I'd say more Sothern Indian / Keralan in character. You cannot tell that they have not been freshly prepared by a skilled Indian chef using the very best ingredients. I have tried all of them and the blend of the two I use is perfect for us with just a little sweetener to it and cream. It is great with lamb, chicken, pork or seafood. There is no way that I could make anything of this quality from scratch.

Hope to hear how you get on with it.

Also, most people who have not tried a Zoji think they don't need one, but once you have one you understand what you have missed. We even have an identical one at Seaside. Expesnive but well worth every penny.

All of the curries I have posted in the Cooler over the last couple of years were from these sauces.

Have you tried the Spice Tailor range?

Flavour-wise they are OK but they lack ‘substance’. I prefer my curry to have chunks in it ... a throw back to sailing with Indian crews and eating Indian dishes prepared for the crew as opposed to the blander ones made for the European officers.

The ‘Indian’ chefs were Indian (usually Gujarati) while the chefs for the Europeans were mainly from Goa and they tended to cook what they thought we Europeans might like.

I add a red pepper to these.

bbb8474b5fcde361adca97873cc70fba.jpg

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TTS, you'll need a holiday after that journey!

Safe travels.

Mike, I haven't tried them and have a large box of Holy Cow which I buy in bulk when on offer from Ocado.

Sorry to hear that M. I think mine were around £350 to £400 each and we use it a couple of times a week. We rarely eat out so it was a reasonable indulgence. :)