Charter Cruise - points and benefits?

Don't know if it goes for all charters but we have friends who are avid cruisers and sometimes take charters. They said they get points but no other loyalty benefits. You might want to ask before booking.

You do get C&A points, but the other perks are dependent on whether the charter group pays for them.

Don't know if it goes for all charters but we have friends who are avid cruisers and sometimes take charters. They said they get points but no other loyalty benefits. You might want to ask before booking.

I can understand with a 'full ship charter' that Royal would be able to control not providing the additional perks if the charter group did not pay for them. Is there such a thing as a 'partial charter' or would that just just be a 'large group' on a regular sailing and in that case it would be difficult to police since a sea pass card would show D or D+ or Pinnacle status.

You do get C&A points, but the other perks are dependent on whether the charter group pays for them.

Bob is correct as usual.

We are on a charter Brilliance in December. The Charter must pay to keep the CL/DL open. Often these areas are used for the charter staff office.

On our cruise, we have been told the CL will be open to Suite Guest and D+. No P on this trip and not sure how many if any D+. There will be no complimentary drinks during what would be cocktail hours. I was told drinks would be available to those who purchased the charter drink packages. Also, the treats and coffee machine are supposed to be available.

It remains to be seen what perks if any will take place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can understand with a 'full ship charter' that Royal would be able to control not providing the additional perks if the charter group did not pay for them. Is there such a thing as a 'partial charter' or would that just just be a 'large group' on a regular sailing and in that case it would be difficult to police since a sea pass card would show D or D+ or Pinnacle status.

Yes, there are partial charters, and in this case all C&A benefits are normally given.

Bob is correct as usual.

We are on a charter Brilliance in December. The Charter must pay to keep the CL/DL open. Often these areas are used for the charter staff office.

Which charter are you on? We are on the 11/30 I’ll Divo charter on the Brilliance.

We have looked at charters when the topic (usually music) was of interest, but the costs were just ridiculous.

Same here, it's like the organizer is getting an extra $500 per person over the current cruise fare.

We have looked at charters when the topic (usually music) was of interest, but the costs were just ridiculous.

Yes the price is ridiculous at the moment - they want £599pp ($785pp)for a 3n cruise in an inside!!!:eek::rolleyes:

I've emailed them to ask if any C&A perks or not!

Thanks

Edited by little britain

So a couple of charters we were on, the charter company said no Meet & Mingle would be available but RCCL did it anyway. Don't know about D and above but the suite lounge was open and staffed. Don't know about C&A coupons as we are lowly Platinum and none of the coupons are worth much. Was once in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on a charter and got all the perks for that room.

If you travel on a charter (where the whole ship has been chartered) - do you

1. still get your C&A points

2. still get C&A benefits like access to the CL and DL

3. still get C&A benefits like the complimentary cocktails

TIA

http://floatingfestivals.co.uk/throwback/

Question 1: Yes you do get credit towards the Crown and Anchor program. Bonus points if you sail solo too! :)

Question 2 & 3: On the full ship charter I've done with RCCL, they do not have those benefits available. Mind you I don't qualify for them myself but I'm in a position to know whether or not they were offered and they were not on the charter I did. Nor will they be offered on an upcoming charter in January.

Mark up is the nature of the beast for charters. Depending upon the entertainment, it's not cheap. The charter cruise I do, the artist fees and their riders are INSANE!

So just got a reply from RCI UK ( Guatemala given their name and the spelling mistakes!). I asked whether I would get points, whether there would be CL/DL and whether there would be BOGO dinner in specialty........

I was checking the information about the C&A points and benefits.

Because this will be cosider as a charter we are not going to accumulate those points and the benefits you mentioned are not going to be available for this sailing. The service and quality of our product will still the same.

If you decide to go ahead with it please let me know to contact you by phone and give you all the details.

So a couple of charters we were on, the charter company said no Meet & Mingle would be available but RCCL did it anyway. Don't know about D and above but the suite lounge was open and staffed. Don't know about C&A coupons as we are lowly Platinum and none of the coupons are worth much. Was once in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on a charter and got all the perks for that room.

We were told DL would not be open but CL would be. No free cocktails during cocktail hours. Drinks will be served but only to those with Drink Package.

I will confirm in December. We are in a GS. Before we booked, we were told we would have all our Diamond and Suite perks but that changed in the year and half since we booked.

I believe their is a good possibility that most of Diamond and Suite perks will be non existent. These things all cost the Charter extra.

Interesting, but I guess it may depend on the charter...

My husband and I do at least one chartered jazz/music cruise each year and get all the Diamond Plus perks - points, complimentary drinks and appetizers in the DL/CL, robes, free photo each, our selected gifts (water, wine) cookies and fruit plate. Because of the chartered events and schedule, a Top Tier event is not held. There was no Meet & Mingle either but I don't recall a roll call for the charter.

Yes, the chartered cruises can be pricey, but we sail them for all the great combined entertainment - individual concerts we would attend anyway at a cost per ticket per show - and the organizer gives us perks, gifts and quality souvenirs. We tend to do a B2B to relax afterwards from all the non-stop music and activities. And the follow-on sailing is usually a great price.

Hope this info helps!

Interesting, but I guess it may depend on the charter...

My husband and I do at least one chartered jazz/music cruise each year and get all the Diamond Plus perks - points, complimentary drinks and appetizers in the DL/CL, robes, free photo each, our selected gifts (water, wine) cookies and fruit plate. Because of the chartered events and schedule, a Top Tier event is not held. There was no Meet & Mingle either but I don't recall a roll call for the charter.

Yes, the chartered cruises can be pricey, but we sail them for all the great combined entertainment - individual concerts we would attend anyway at a cost per ticket per show - and the organizer gives us perks, gifts and quality souvenirs. We tend to do a B2B to relax afterwards from all the non-stop music and activities. And the follow-on sailing is usually a great price.

Hope this info helps!

Don’t know for sure as we are not running the Charter but participating. The Charter is for charitable reasons. We were told that Royal charges for these perks on a Charter. Mostly the requirements to meet so much $$$ in Alcohol sales. The Charter wanted to have a party one night and give away drinks for an hour to all guests and they more or less took the expense of the cocktail hours and applied it too the free drinks at one party (to help offset).

They told us that the CL will be open. We are in a GS. We will see. I was talking with Royals Food and Beverage staff out of Miami on Presidents Cruise and several said they would be on our Charter to observe. We were told typically, the DL/CL wasn’t open on Charters unless the Charter paid for it. He says the Charters can use the space for anything they want or pay for.

We do have a roll call. This is like the 15th of these cruises and many are members of C&A. This is the first time they have chartered an entire ship. In the past they were just a group onboard. So perks were no problem.

I would say the regulars are at minimum Diamond members. 15 x 7 = 105. They are also likely to cruise on there own.

We were on a charter in April. We got a letter in our stateroom advising us of our perks. (D+) Basically, we most of what we usually receive. We did get points for the cruise...and we got priority boarding. We had acces to the CL but we did get the drink package...discounted for D+ members..so not sure about the complimentary cocktails.

This was a Zumba charter and YES, the prices were over the top...but we had to pay for all of the sound/light equipment plus all of the Instructors that offered classes on board the ship, plus...most likely...a profit for the Zumba organization. We had a great time and are signed up for April 2018.

I was looking into a charter with Melissa Etheridge on Serenade but prices were nuts.

I can see paying maybe $100 per person over the going cruise price for the special event, but $500 over is ridiculous. Especially considering that the group is probably getting group rates, tour conductor credits, GAP points, etc.

So I asked him to check about the points based on what you guys are all saying.....

“As mentioned on the previous email unfortunately this sailings (floating Festivals) are not going to accumulate C&A points and we are not going to have the C&A benefits available. I verified this information before the original email to be 100% sure about and that was the information received.”

So $785 for 3 nights and no points.....[emoji848]let me think about that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently asked RCI regarding an 80's Music Cruise out of Southampton and was told no C&A Points

Seems they are as consistent as ever

I'm not saying you will get C&A points, and RC policies change often, but I don't recall any reports of charters where guests did not get C&A points.

Interesting to see all of the varied responses from RCI on whether or not you'll get points on a charter. I can confirm that we received our C&A points on a full ship music charter in March this year - double for a suite - on Enchantment. However, we did not receive points for the 2 previous charters on NCL.