The shower/toilet "situation" on Epic

artypharty

With regards to Epic... Surely (and please don't call me Shirley!;)) someone has inquired about this before, but I have looked and researched but not found an answer to:

If one were inclined to want a little more privacy, would it be possible to bring and hang your own shower/privacy curtain on the outside of the shower and/or toilet using hooks, clamps...something else? I know there is a curtain between the cabin and bath area, but......

TYIA...

If the OP wants privacy from a cabin mate returning to the cabin while they are in the shower, then the curtain doesn't help, if I remember correctly the curtain hangs past the shower when entering from the hallway.

Maybe hanging a beach towel over the top of the door would cover most of it.

I couldn't find it, but one family posted a picture of a plastic shower curtain they used to make the shower area more private for their teen daughter or son (IIRC, the teen was 13 or 14, and shy about his or her body). They used clothes pins to attach it and found it was acceptable and, with the curtain drawn and "Do Not Disturb" on the door thingy, he or she felt OK getting dressed in that area.

Our experience was that the toilet area has a nice vent and the enclosure is technically negative pressure, so smells do not invade the cabin. However, it was odd being mid uh, "occupied", and having my wife talking to the cabin steward in the hallway with the door open about 2' away.

With regards to Epic... Surely (and please don't call me Shirley!;)) someone has inquired about this before, but I have looked and researched but not found an answer to:

If one were inclined to want a little more privacy, would it be possible to bring and hang your own shower/privacy curtain on the outside of the shower and/or toilet using hooks, clamps...something else? I know there is a curtain between the cabin and bath area, but......

TYIA...

Book another ship because it's horrible.

Just returned.....I did not like the set up at all. the sink splashed water everywhere...However, I traveled alone so did not

have to worry about other occupants....plus the toilet slider was difficult to push.

prefer a regular set-up

Thanks all! I think I’ll be getting shower curtains and hooks at the dollar store, then some command hooks for the glass and... voila, problem solved! 😉. (I hope, haha.. sounds good any way)

When you come back from your cruise let us know how that worked out for you. I was going to make a comment about your screen name but I'll let it go for now.

When you come back from your cruise let us know how that worked out for you. I was going to make a comment about your screen name but I'll let it go for now.

Will do! In theory it sounds great. Success or epic failure, I'll take pictures and post.

:'), ah, artypharty is what happens when you just pick a name without giving it one wit of thought as to how it will play down the road. I am arty, as to the last half of the moniker, I got nothin'. Bwahaha!

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing how it all works out with the curtains. We have a half dozen rooms booked for our family and one of the main problems we are all seeing with it is both the shower and toilet areas being barely private (at least from what we have seen online). Any helpful hints are appreciated. We'll be checking back on this for sure. Enjoy your trip.

TYIA...

There is a privacy curtain that separates the room from the shower/toilet area if you are modest. No need to create your own.

There is a privacy curtain that separates the room from the shower/toilet area if you are modest. No need to create your own.

Yes I know.. at Issue is cabin mate entering cabin while I am showering or erhem... using the facilities. I would just like a little more privacy than that bath/bedroom curtain provides.

Shower curtain Idea would be perfect. The Epic may be odd, but you will have a wonderful time and enjoy your trip. I went in expecting a nightmare from some of the posts I had read. When I got off I was nearly in tears because 7 days wasn't enough. My husband was really in tears....While in line to disembark the Miami Dolphin Cheerleaders came on-board right past us to film a commercial. :D