Can we bring bottled water onboard?

PALMS1124

We have previously sailed with Celebrity and could bring a case of spring water onboard with us. Is this allowed with Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas? All I drink is water. If I can't bring in bottled water and I purchase the soft drink package can I get more than one bottle at a time to take to our cabin in the evening?

The rules are you can not bring bottled water on board. In reality, they're probably not going to care. It's cheap, I'd say go for it, and if they do take it, you're not out much.

My experience has been one bottle of water at a time. You can always grab one when you don't need it, and then you will have spares in your room waiting for you.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for your response King. Yeah I'll put some in an extra suitcase and hope for the best. :-)

Actually, your best chance at success is to tape a luggage tag to an unopened still shrink wrapped case of water that is easily visible and identified. Check it with your checked luggage and 90% chance it makes it to your room. Make sure you tape the water to make sure it does not come apart with handling.

dp

It seems to depend on the port. Some ports, the porters will not deliver it as a case. You need to put in a bag with handles.

Some people carry them on.

My experience with a beverage package is you can get two bottles at a time. And you can do that time after time.

Actually, your best chance at success is to tape a luggage tag to an unopened still shrink wrapped case of water that is easily visible and identified. Check it with your checked luggage and 90% chance it makes it to your room. Make sure you tape the water to make sure it does not come apart with handling.

dp

I know this is the case on the Liberty of the Seas. I didn’t do it, but two parties in our group taped a luggage tag to a case of water and it was delivered to their rooms.

I’d give it a try. The most you’ve got to lose is a $3 or $4 case of water.

I know this is the case on the Liberty of the Seas. I didn’t do it, but two parties in our group taped a luggage tag to a case of water and it was delivered to their rooms.

I’d give it a try. The most you’ve got to lose is a $3 or $4 case of water.

Just FYI for,those sailing out of Canaveral.....the porters will not accept a case of water with a luggage tag.

They will tell you any water or wine must be in your carryon only. (although I have heard of water being put in a piece of luggage and sent through that way)

Such great responses thank you all so much. I would never get the soda package I'm a water drinker. Guess we are not the norm as we don't drink alcohol anymore and I hate to sound so cheap but to spend $106.20 for the refreshment package just to have some bottled water sounds crazy. I noticed the refreshment package includes juice with breakfast, guess this cruise line doesn't even offer that?!? At least their internet seems reasonable. I'm finding each line has different $ jabs.

Such great responses thank you all so much. I would never get the soda package I'm a water drinker. Guess we are not the norm as we don't drink alcohol anymore and I hate to sound so cheap but to spend $106.20 for the refreshment package just to have some bottled water sounds crazy. I noticed the refreshment package includes juice with breakfast, guess this cruise line doesn't even offer that?!? At least their internet seems reasonable. I'm finding each line has different $ jabs.

They do provide free “so called” juice at breakfast, but it’s not pure orange juice. With the Refreshment Package, you can get fresh squeezed orange juice. They have a machine there to squeeze the oranges.

I always purchase a beverage package and still choose to use the ship tap water for my nightstand and other occasions. I do pick-up some water bottles but usually for excursions and stuff. The tap water on board is fine for me.

dp