Booking the adjacent Concierge class room to Royal Suite

andnosyd

Sue,

I am off topic, but I see you are on Silhouette for the Christmas. We are doing Millennium in S.E. Asia for Christmas this year. We will miss sailing with y'all. :)

Texed

We will miss you too. We spoke about you (nothing bad!) only the other day. Have a great Christmas.

How do you think I should have communicated with the lady that appears to have been given poor advice?

If you have a personal message for someone you do not know off these boards, there are a number of ways to indicate a personal message. People will usually start their post with 'OP' (for Original Poster, i.e. the person who started the thread) or with their user-id. Some will use the name they 'sign' with if different to their user name (as you will note Texed did with me following my post.).

If you have a personal message for someone you do not know off these boards, there are a number of ways to indicate a personal message. People will usually start their post with 'OP' (for Original Poster, i.e. the person who started the thread) or with their user-id. Some will use the name they 'sign' with if different to their user name (as you will note Texed did with me following my post.).

So you don't think it was blatantly obvious who my post was aimed at? :)

In my previous RSs on Summit and Millie, I can confirm the CC cabin next to us was not connecting. And I can further confirm we never heard the door bell while sleeping in the bedroom. All my concerns here.

Theoretically, if ones' children were in that connecting cabin, one could give them an extra key so they don't need to ring the doorbell.

Theoretically, if ones' children were in that connecting cabin, one could give them an extra key so they don't need to ring the doorbell.
I've never seen a 4 or 6 year old tall/strong enough to use a key card and then open a cabin door. That was my point if the cabin is not connecting given the kids' ages.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So you don't think it was blatantly obvious who my post was aimed at? :)

Coldwatergirl who you quoted?

It’s still good to use the CC name of the person you are replying to as sometimes with repeated quotes by various people it can become confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would call Celebrity or your TA and inquire. We have booked a suite on the Edge and our daughter is in the adjoining inside room. Our TA has confirmed that she will have suite privileges of luminae, the retreat lounge and sun deck.

It is essentially becoming a two bedroom suite.

Hmmm maybe this is why suite prices have gone up so much, we are now paying for people in inside rooms to get the same benefits

I would think that the high prices for the suites are because it's the new Edge with Eden, etc and not because of the few insides that are adjoining to suites which you think will cause so many additional expenses to drive costs up for everyone.

On the deck plan you'll see a few inside cabins that are adjoining to suites. My TA was the one that said the insides would be allowed to have suite access to areas such as Eden, luminae etc. They don't get any other perks so drinks are on their own dime unless it's in the equivalent of Michaels club. I'm assuming Celebrity designed these cabins to be this way to enable it to be a two bedroom suite.

I did call Celebrity Captains Club to ask if my TA gave me correct information and after putting me on hold for a bit she came back and said yes he was correct. I asked her to forward the information to me but she said I would have to go through my TA for that.

I would think that the high prices for the suites are because it's the new Edge with Eden, etc and not because of the few insides that are adjoining to suites which you think will cause so many additional expenses to drive costs up for everyone.

On the deck plan you'll see a few inside cabins that are adjoining to suites. My TA was the one that said the insides would be allowed to have suite access to areas such as Eden, luminae etc. They don't get any other perks so drinks are on their own dime unless it's in the equivalent of Michaels club. I'm assuming Celebrity designed these cabins to be this way to enable it to be a two bedroom suite.

I did call Celebrity Captains Club to ask if my TA gave me correct information and after putting me on hold for a bit she came back and said yes he was correct. I asked her to forward the information to me but she said I would have to go through my TA for that.

I don't recall Eden being a suite only area. Have I missed something?

That might be my error in terminology.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem. :)

So, just so I understand. Are you saying your daughter and her partner can dine with you in Luminae on a free basis or on a pay per meal basis?

I know the latter will be ok on a space availability basis, because currently any suite guest can invite anyone on the ship to Luminae at their cost. But I'm sure I read those in an adjoining room could not dine for free (comments apply to adults only as has previously been debated in the thread).

I'd deffo press your TA for something in writing, perhaps ask them for a guarantee and if you are charged for your guests dining in Luminae that they'll pick up the bill etc. Not sure you that will happen though. :)

No problem. :)

So, just so I understand. Are you saying your daughter and her partner can dine with you in Luminae on a free basis or on a pay per meal basis?

I know the latter will be ok on a space availability basis, because currently any suite guest can invite anyone on the ship to Luminae at their cost. But I'm sure I read those in an adjoining room could not dine for free (comments apply to adults only as has previously been debated in the thread).

I'd deffo press your TA for something in writing, perhaps ask them for a guarantee and if you are charged for your guests dining in Luminae that they'll pick up the bill etc. Not sure you that will happen though. :)

Celebrity confirmed this with me that it is complimentary as it's adjoining our suite. If they were in a different cabin it wouldn't qualify. Must be new rules with the new ship. I'll definitely get it in writing before final payment.

Right now it's not top of my agenda as I've got quite a few other cruises in the works before then and I'm trying to sort out my other daughter that sustained a significant injury while flying on united this week. By the time next winter rolls around my daughter may not even be able to sail with us due to her boyfriends job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It just seems wierd that they would allow that from since what I can tell both are the lowest rooms in their respective categories. I would think they would charge more for the inside rooms with all that included..

More to my point it seems like if they extended those privileges to your daughter.. than they would have to extend to anyone staying in one of those rooms regardless of if they were traveling with the adjoining suite.

And perhaps just call it an inside suite...

Edited by jandlbudde

We have a Royal Suite booked for next year on the Constellation for the 4 of us and the Concierge room next to it is available. Since we are traveling with our 2 kids, we thought it may be a good idea to book that room so they have their own bedroom/bathroom. However, if we book this, am I correct in assuming they will be able to join us in Michaels Club and Luminae? If not, I'll just keep the 1 suite. Thanks!

Keep the suite- If you could book a Sky suite for them- they would have the same access to Michael's, but not in a CC. cabin. The exception would be if you and your spouse are a zenith members. One could be registered with one child in each stateroom.