The Upgrade Fairy does exit!

2thesea

Not sure if it counts the same but I got upgraded on the second week of a B2B on the Adventure last year. First week I had a Promenade cabin on deck 7. Second week I had booked a Oceanview at the front of deck 9. The last night of the first cruise I got a call that they had changed my cabin for the second week. Ended up with a Balcony on deck 7 just down the hall from my first cabin. Made the second week of my cruise even better. Spent every sail away with friends on the balcony drinking wine and enjoying the views.

Not sure if it counts the same but I got upgraded on the second week of a B2B on the Adventure last year. First week I had a Promenade cabin on deck 7. Second week I had booked a Oceanview at the front of deck 9. The last night of the first cruise I got a call that they had changed my cabin for the second week. Ended up with a Balcony on deck 7 just down the hall from my first cabin. Made the second week of my cruise even better. Spent every sail away with friends on the balcony drinking wine and enjoying the views.

Sure does count! Congrats on that!!

Congrats!! It sounds like they might have needed your cabin for some reason. That big an upgrade is unusual

Interesting idea.

Hey, 2thesea, you should go by your original cabin and see if there is crime scene tape or something. 😉😄

Congrats!! It sounds like they might have needed your cabin for some reason. That big an upgrade is unusual

I think that may happen a lot more than we think. The one and only freebie upgrade (total surprise) I received was bumped off the hump cabin D1 to a JS aft (not wake). Several D+ pax that had hump D1 cabins had the same thing happen on both sides of me for 11 night Serenade.

CS on the phone told me RCI UK needed a bank of cabins in the middle for a last minute group booking from there. One Pinnacle on board with a cabin further back in a D1 did not get the upgrade (and was not happy). So apparently it was indeed they needed those particular cabins.

We're on this sailing with you! We upgraded yesterday from D6 to a CLS...SO BEYOND EXCITED! We'll see you in the Suite Lounge ;)

I happen to call about other cabins and asked about the Grand Suite. they came back and "yes the Grand Suite is available and we upgraded you at no charge" AND they gave me a $100 OBC to boot!!! :o I keep looking at the booking assume it was a dream. We are Diamond Crown and Anchor and have NEVER received an upgrade ever!

We were in a D6 balcony.

We're on this sailing with you! We upgraded yesterday from D6 to a CLS...SO BEYOND EXCITED! We'll see you in the Suite Lounge ;)

We are easy to spot! Our daughter Jenny is in a "special needs stroller" wheelchair looking. We 3 are always together! Make sure you say hello!

Our D6 was accessible (our daughter is in a wheelchair). We can go in to a non-accessiable as long there is a bathtub. Maybe the accessible was needed?

Right. But I'm thinking that for you to get that kind of an upgrade, there was likely a major price drop.

What made the difference was the additional of a Suite GTY that was affordable. Our biggest surprise was they didn't charge us any extra AND they gave us the $100 OBC.

What made the difference was the additional of a Suite GTY that was affordable. Our biggest surprise was they didn't charge us any extra AND they gave us the $100 OBC.

Yup. Because you got it at prevailing rate. Congrats and enjoy the cruise!! :)