Carry bags off

WindinmySails

You’ll need to be able to carry it off all by yourselves. If there’s an escalator, you’ll need one hand for it. If not you’ll have to take the elevator and probably wait in a long line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pros - You are able to get off the ship much quicker. That's great for an early flight. Also, you have your bags with you at all times, so nothing will be lost or stolen from them. On my last cruise, my husband and I had one large suitcase each and one small bag. It was no problem at all. I really like walking off of the ship with my luggage. It's the easiest way to get off of a ship.

Cons - If someone has more luggage than they can handle, it could be an issue. Also, I saw one woman who really shouldn't have carried off her own luggage because she moved as slow as a snail and had great difficulty.

Sometimes literally a thousand other people may do carry as well so you need to consider using stairs as well as you may be waiting forever for an elevator. When it was just my wife and I we did it with no problem

If you are even mildly fit you can do it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering what the pros/cons of taking luggage off the ship on debarkation is. My boyfriend and I are just going to take one large suitcase between us and each have a backpack.

Adding to what the others have already said, customs moves quickly when you're one of the first off of the ship. No lines to wait in.

Adding to what the others have already said, customs moves quickly when you're one of the first off of the ship. No lines to wait in.

Now that I'm Diamond, when I wheel my one bag off the ship there's no need for me to use the dedicated Global Entry line at Customs in some ports. I'm usually in the first 10 people off the ship then - no lines at Customs at all!

People bringing luggage on and taking it off are very hard on luggage.

We have found luggage will last longer the least amount of handling done at the port as possible

And the stevedores throwing your baggage the length of the dock has never damaged any luggage...

(In fact, the only damage our luggage has ever gotten was between the cabin and the pickup area in the terminal. The above is not idle theory or cruise comedian fare.)

And the stevedores throwing your baggage the length of the dock has never damaged any luggage...

(In fact, the only damage our luggage has ever gotten was between the cabin and the pickup area in the terminal. The above is not idle theory or cruise comedian fare.)

We always do self assist so we do not damage our luggage.

Damage has always been from porter pickup to our cabin. and we have had to replace several pieces based on what happened (ripping off wheels, cutting holes in bag etc). Carnival has replaced several pieces.

Wow, Carnival has replaced luggage? How did you manage that?Kind of OT, but I think the airlines are also so hard on luggage, wish carry one was easier, but some airlines even ask for more payment for a carryon. I remember the days when traveling was so much easier.

I was wondering what the pros/cons of taking luggage off the ship on debarkation is. My boyfriend and I are just going to take one large suitcase between us and each have a backpack.

After our first cruise and a long wait to disembark, we decided to take what could easily be handled to carry off. It made a difference of about two hours on the next three cruises.

Wow, Carnival has replaced luggage? How did you manage that?Kind of OT, but I think the airlines are also so hard on luggage, wish carry one was easier, but some airlines even ask for more payment for a carryon. I remember the days when traveling was so much easier.

That's what I was thinking, I have never had bags damaged from cruising, we always check bags. I have however had many damaged by the airlines and they have done absolutely nothing... They claim it's just normal wear and tear. Ripped bags and completely torn wheels is not "normal wear and tear". We really need new luggage but I hate to spend much when the airlines are just going to ruin them anyways.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here. Wife and I will be cruising. FTTF. We have to fly to Miami. Once we get to the port, we can each "wheel" our large suitcase (that we checked on the plane) and carry on our smaller bag (carry-on) to our room after we check in - since our room will be ready - and then off to eat or whatever? We don't need or have to use the porters at all? And then the same when we get back (debarkation)? This is correct?

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here. Wife and I will be cruising. FTTF. We have to fly to Miami. Once we get to the port, we can each "wheel" our large suitcase (that we checked on the plane) and carry on our smaller bag (carry-on) to our room after we check in - since our room will be ready - and then off to eat or whatever? We don't need or have to use the porters at all? And then the same when we get back (debarkation)? This is correct?

Absolutely, if your larger bag fits through the scanner. Exact maximum dimensions are on Carnival's web site.

Absolutely, if your larger bag fits through the scanner. Exact maximum dimensions are on Carnival's web site.

So we'd just keep our bags with us, go through the luggage "section" at the debarkation section of the terminal and they'll scan the bags and then we'll continue on our way with them?

Going off the ship they usually will not scan luggage' date=' might sniff them though.[/quote']

My mistake. I mean embarkation. (Long day) Get there in the morning when boarding, bypass the "curb-side chcek in," etc.