Platinum Benefits Mayhem...

NoDayButToday00

I am going to respectfully disagree with your disagreement.

There are 17 entrees and 7 are under $20 (35%).

Entrees that would include sides are:

- Lamb Chops

- Pork Chops

- Ribeye

- 5 oz Filet

- New York Strip

- Tuna Steak

- Sea Bass

It all depends on the menu you get.

This year, since the new platinum rules were introduced, I haven’t seen the menu you have linked to. The one I have seen, which from what I can tell seems to be the most common one nowadays, has prices which are much more inline with what Captain Obvious states.

I am going to respectfully disagree with your disagreement.

There are 17 entrees and 7 are under $20 (35%).

Entrees that would include sides are:

- Lamb Chops

- Pork Chops

- Ribeye

- 5 oz Filet

- New York Strip

- Tuna Steak

- Sea Bass

The menu from Beyond Ships is two years old and no longer valid. The attached menu is current.

C_Menu.pdf

I can't seem to get the link above to work. Here is one from POA1's review from the Escape, Oct 7-14. This shows 11 entrees that are $20 and under. I've also included Le Bistro in case that is your choice.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/res/490ca61c-2344-4eba-a11e-4dd41f540a6d/cagneys.pdf

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/res/59449232-2ffe-4366-bc59-68aa65bfa29d/le-bistro.pdf

As I just got off the Dawn 2 days ago I can tell you the menu I linked is the current menu that I was provided.

I have not been on a boat with the Short Rib, Chicken Drumsticks or Beef sliders in 2 years.

Maybe it is ship dependent as we have stayed East for the last several years to cruise.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

As I just got off the Dawn 2 days ago I can tell you the menu I linked is the current menu that I was provided.

I have not been on a boat with the Short Rib, Chicken Drumsticks or Beef sliders in 2 years.

Maybe it is ship dependent as we have stayed East for the last several years to cruise.

It is certainly ship dependent.

You are correct that the menus with the drumsticks etc were replaced a couple of years ago (about when the Escape was launched). However they started to be reintroduced earlier this year and, from what I can tell, they are now on most ships.

It doesn’t surprise me that the older ones are still on some ships, like the Dawn apparently, but they do seem to be on their way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is certainly ship dependent.

You are correct that the menus with the drumsticks etc were replaced a couple of years ago (about when the Escape was launched). However they started to be reintroduced earlier this year and, from what I can tell, they are now on most ships.

It doesn’t surprise me that the older ones are still on some ships, like the Dawn apparently, but they do seem to be on their way out.

Well this is the one of the best things in this thread. I am not of fan of any of the "current" apps and definitely miss the sliders and drumsticks. If those are making a comeback then I may stop getting annoyed over $4.00.

Last year we had a platinum dinner (actually TWO that cruise as both of us are platinum) it was on Gem and we had no issues at all.

Reading all of this isn't making me look forward to our next platinum dinner. Which is really another perk that has been diluted since this current NCL guy took over.

The certificate should say dinner. It should not have all the stipulations.

Cagneys from the Breakaway

ea0ae59a110809c52a27813bf1f34c43.jpg

2d573b62a46af68f3fd71ddd158763df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks BirdTravel.

That is the exact menu that I had and also had back when on the Breakaway 1.5 years ago. Maybe it isn't a Jewel class ship vs. Breakaway thing as this is a newer ship with this menu that I just experienced.

So there does appear to be two different menus however it doesn’t change the point. There are at least 11 choices on each that would be included with the Platinum benefit. Not just 1 or 2 as has been stated in some of the previous posts.

So there does appear to be two different menus however it doesn’t change the point. There are at least 11 choices on each that would be included with the Platinum benefit. Not just 1 or 2 as has been stated in some of the previous posts.

Maybe the poster meant to say that there was only 1 they liked.

We had a similar issue of escape. We're platinum plus and were using our dinner for 2 voucher with a bottle of wine. We were told we could only spend $20 on an entree and there was only 1 thing under $20. We were then told that it did not include any sides but we could have 1 appetiser and 1 desert each. We don't eat desert s we asked if we could have 2 sides instead and were told no. So we called over the maitre D and said that this free dinner for 2 is not a free dinner. She agreed to let us have the sides instead of the desert but would charge us for the extra above $20 for the for the entree. Our wine didn't arrive, our entree came and we asked again for the wine. My medium rare steak was well done and my husbands lamb chops were raw, we asked the waiter to resolve it and he just argued. In the end the maitre d waved the up charge but the food was terrible. By the time the wine arrived we had finished the replacement entree so we asked for it to be sent to la cucina where we would be eating the next day, they lost the bottle. We grabbed the f&b and the HD who were just heading Into the restaurant and shared our experience, cagneys is my favourite restaurant on ncl. They offered for us to come back the next day but we said we were booked in la cucina and it was the last of our paid for by us sdp and to be honest we really didn't want a repeat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am so sorry this happended to you. As for under $20 as NLH said, there are usually plenty of selections under $20 or maybe just nothing that you cared for. If we want to go above the voucher limit I think we all realize we will have to pay for it. BTW, I have exchnaged my dessert for a salad a couple of times, never had a problem. There was one time, a few years ago and I have mentioned this before, where there were 8 of us in Le Bisto's. They were very busy so the service left a lot to be desired, as well as we had one very demanding person in our group. Later, after dinner was over and no one was around, I advised the hotel director who I had gotten to know about the bad service. He gave hubby and I another dinner.

It was a typo. 2 entrees for 2 people. Call it lasting effects of the UBP.

I knew what you meant ;) Glad you still have a sense of humour over this. I really don't understand what NCL is trying to do. So much inconsistency, even with the menus themselves.

Next time will be better.... you'll go to le Bistro, right? :halo:

I knew what you meant ;) Glad you still have a sense of humour over this. I really don't understand what NCL is trying to do. So much inconsistency, even with the menus themselves.

Next time will be better.... you'll go to le Bistro, right? :halo:

Haha. Always have to have a sense of humor. I am fortunate enough to be on a cruise to complain about $2 sides in the first place. Now if only if I had the cojones to actually bring my own sides. I can just imagine the post that someone would create here about it. I would have laughs for days.

Haha. Always have to have a sense of humor. I am fortunate enough to be on a cruise to complain about $2 sides in the first place. Now if only if I had the cojones to actually bring my own sides. I can just imagine the post that someone would create here about it. I would have laughs for days.

:')

Does anyone know if the $20 limit is also applied to the Platimun benefit choice of Moderno which has the price of $24.99. Do you have to pay the extra $5 if you pick Moderno.

We just got off the BA this Sunday, used the certificate to dine in Moderno - covered in full, no upcharge or asked to pay the difference. It specifically stated we can book either La Cucina or Moderno, good for 2 dining as Platinum perk.

We dine at Le Bistro first (or, choice for Cagney) - both a la carte options - and, with the certificate, get to choose a bottle of wine. Asked for it to be unopened & took that to share with others when we went to Moderno (the following day for us).

Thanks for that info. Wondered about that as we would much prefer to drink it on our balcony.

That’s what we always do, having the UBP. We take the bottle of wine back to the room so we can drink it there without having to pick drinks up from a bar.