What toiletries in YC?

canny_cruiser

It’s their own fragrance called Med. I really like it. Smells clean and fresh Even bought some room spray to bring home. I do bring my own bath and face soap bars.

Is it sort of tobacco scented? I know this sounds like a no-go, but I find lots have that sort of asexual smell. Tobacco, not smoke! LOL

Is it sort of tobacco scented? I know this sounds like a no-go, but I find lots have that sort of asexual smell.

No it’s supposed to be fragrance of the sea. It’s hard to describe. Maybe I can ask another cruiser that liked it to describe it. Definitely not tobacco.

It’s their own fragrance called Med. I really like it. Smells clean and fresh Even bought some room spray to bring home. I do bring my own bath and face soap bars.

I agree about the fragrance, CG. They give you a complimentary room diffuser when in Aurea. I have a couple of them around the house - lovely scent and reminder of the wonderful smell on the ships. The toiletries themselves aren't great.

PS I've just seen the previous posts and, no, it smells nothing like tobacco! It's very subtle and difficult to describe as it's not floral, nor spicy.

I agree about the fragrance, CG. They give you a complimentary room diffuser when in Aurea. I have a couple of them around the house - lovely scent and reminder of the wonderful smell on the ships. The toiletries themselves aren't great.

Yes, it’s the smell I like. Used only the lotion. Hubby used the shampoo.

Ok here’s something from my friends.

"The MED by MSC fragrance itself is fresh and fruity, with warm notes of fig, almond and vetyver combining to create a welcoming and inviting ambiance and an enhanced sense of well-being and luxury.

The name, MED by MSC reflects the Company’s relationship with the ‘Mediterranean’, which is not only the ‘home territory’ of MSC Cruises and birthplace of the company, but an allusion to this delightful part of the world. Think of the Mediterranean and one immediately imagines the familiar sensory delights; the perfumed lavender fields of Provence, the fruit of fig trees warmed by the summer sun, fresh herbs and citrus flavours and the enchanting scent of floral jasmine caught on an ocean breeze. Many of these typical Mediterranean scents are represented in this evocative fragrance.

The fragrance was developed by Brand Sense, the global leaders in sensory marketing, in collaboration with Firmenich, famous for their pre-eminence in perfume creation. Well-known as industry pioneers in environmental awareness, MSC Cruises have ensured that MED by MSC meets strict ecological and ‘eco label’ guidelines."

"The MED by MSC fragrance itself is fresh and fruity, with warm notes of fig, almond and vetyver combining to create a welcoming and inviting ambiance and an enhanced sense of well-being and luxury.

The name, MED by MSC reflects the Company’s relationship with the ‘Mediterranean’, which is not only the ‘home territory’ of MSC Cruises and birthplace of the company, but an allusion to this delightful part of the world. Think of the Mediterranean and one immediately imagines the familiar sensory delights; the perfumed lavender fields of Provence, the fruit of fig trees warmed by the summer sun, fresh herbs and citrus flavours and the enchanting scent of floral jasmine caught on an ocean breeze. Many of these typical Mediterranean scents are represented in this evocative fragrance.

The fragrance was developed by Brand Sense, the global leaders in sensory marketing, in collaboration with Firmenich, famous for their pre-eminence in perfume creation. Well-known as industry pioneers in environmental awareness, MSC Cruises have ensured that MED by MSC meets strict ecological and ‘eco label’ guidelines."

I do like vetiver. Used to use "Eau du Vetiver" by Givenchy, way back in the 90s.

Thank you for your post, , Cruisergal1208, you've given me something to think about.

Is it sort of tobacco scented? I know this sounds like a no-go, but I find lots have that sort of asexual smell. Tobacco, not smoke! LOL

Funny you mention that. I use Burberry cologne and they describe it with words like that as well.

I am just SO "on trend", dexddd! LOL.

Would it be Burberry London, by any chance?

Yes, it is. I read the description one time after using it for awhile and it seemed they were trying to portray something out of a tavern scent.

I thought I posted yesterday but don't see it.

Anyway, that seems like a lot of work to go through as after we saw the stuff in the room and used it I thought the name should have been "MEH".

I thought I posted yesterday but don't see it.

Anyway, that seems like a lot of work to go through as after we saw the stuff in the room and used it I thought the name should have been "MEH".

LOL!

You are a devil, dexddd. But a helluva lot of work I agree.

Cruisergal1208 has convinced me to give it a go, though. I do like vetiver. I'll report my findings in due course.

My real question is, given they are an Italian line, why can't they offer Acqua di Parma toiletries in YC? I do like Colonia Intensa. Hahahaha.

Edited by canny_cruiser

Slightly off topic, but I didn't think this deserved its own thread. Can anyone confirm that robes and slippers are still provided to Yacht Club guests? I want to make sure nothing has changed recently and also save room in luggage if I can. Thanks!!

ps - Only forty-nine hours until total relaxation begins!!! (I apologize if that's gloating!)

Slightly off topic, but I didn't think this deserved its own thread. Can anyone confirm that robes and slippers are still provided to Yacht Club guests? I want to make sure nothing has changed recently and also save room in luggage if I can. Thanks!!

ps - Only forty-nine hours until total relaxation begins!!! (I apologize if that's gloating!)

Yes ............ robes & slippers still provided. Bon voyage - hope you have a wonderful cruise in YC! :)