Suite room service

Jules59

Basically it means that you can order anything off the MDR menu to be served in your suite. In other words it is the whole menu.

Only downside is that, unless you order them individually, all courses arrive at the same time.

You should have the following day's MDR menu delivered to your suite each evening, but our experience has been that, on some ships it (delivery of the menu) doesn't happen unless you request it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be very specific when you order. If you want drawn butter with that lobster tail you need to say so. Salt for your eggs, cream for your coffee the list goes on.

They only bring what you tell them to. We didn't order the butter the first time around and by the time the butter arrived the lobster was cold. Still good though.

Thank you both for the information. Sometimes we don't want to to get dressed up. Or am slow in the morning.
You can only order from the DR menu during the hours that the DR is open such as noon to 1:30 for lunch since the food will come from the DR galley. If the desert is hot such as a soufflé or cold such as ice cream we will order later to have it delivered after we have finished the rest of our meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't wait and order at the last minute. I have bee told that they are closing in 5 minutes and it is too late to order. Yes, it is so nice to come back from a long day of touring and just chill out in your cabin and forgot about going to the dining room. Also, if you love their crusty rolls, make sure you ask for them and butter. And, as GRAYtech, said ask for everything. You would think they would send catsup with a hamburger fries but they don't. Sometimes you get a great person that answers the phone and does ask about the little extras.

Also if you like bacon with your eggs at breakfast, only request one order. The first time we ordered for the 3 of us we marked for 3 and there was enough bacon for 30 cabins :)

We did this on the Caribbean Princess last December. Little embarrassing.

I'm looking forward to this perk on our next cruise -- we plan on doing some entertaining in our aft OS, since numerous friends and family are joining us for our anniversary. We have friends in the suite next door; so will have the balcony doors opened for a sail away party and dinner. And a tea party or two for the ladies 😄

Not sure which perk I'm more excited about -- room service or the thermal suite at the spa

I'm not sure if I can ask this here, but we were given a complimentary deluxe breakfast for two. Includes pastries, a fruit salad , eggs and some champagne. I have to watch my carbs. Can I ask for some type of meat too?

Also if you like bacon with your eggs at breakfast, only request one order. The first time we ordered for the 3 of us we marked for 3 and there was enough bacon for 30 cabins :)

Yeah we got bit by the bacon bug too. Had to be at least a pound of bacon for the 4 of us. It was enough that the person loading the delivery cart had to say ... how can any one cabin eat this much bacon ...?

..Sometimes you get a great person that answers the phone and does ask about the little extras.

This is true and it's great when it happens. Seems more often than than not the person on the other end is not that great with English and it's a mystery if the order was received, what you might get and when.