Shore excursions: Celebrity doesn't want my money?

m134

I tried booking Celebrity shore excursions for our cruise departing in 7 weeks, but was not able to add any to the cart on celebritycruises.com. I am logged into our reservation and everything else seems to be in order. But when trying to add shore excursions, the date/time/language selections are simply not available. Since it is hard to believe that ALL excursions for this sailing are sold out, it must be a website problem.

Any advice? Wait a few days and try again? Go with independent tour operators who have competent programmers working for them?

Regarding the suggestion already given to me by the not-working Celebrity website: thank you, but no, I would rather not do it over the phone. This is the 21st century and I much prefer to see the details of what I am booking on the computer screen, rather than rely on voice-only communications.

I was having the same exact problem. Thanks to some good advice here I figured out to do it.

Instead of clicking on LOG IN in the top right corner, click on the link right by it that says CHECK IN. It takes you to the old style page and it all works from there.

Can't guarantee that you won't have other problems, but this worked for me.

Advice for UK cruisers:

If you wish to pre-book anything I would advise you to call our FREE phone number 0800 240 4259 opt 2 and one of the team will be able to help you.”

This is the reply I have had from Celebrity regarding an inquiry re shore excursions. Good to know there is a free phone number for use in UK.

Edited by upwarduk

I had the same problem and called Celebrity, they gave me a work around that let me book my shore excursions. I suggest calling them, they will walk you through the steps you need to take. It is indeed ridiculous in this day and age.

I was having the same exact problem. Thanks to some good advice here I figured out to do it.

Instead of clicking on LOG IN in the top right corner, click on the link right by it that says CHECK IN. It takes you to the old style page and it all works from there.

Can't guarantee that you won't have other problems, but this worked for me.

So did you try this and did it work for you?

I had the same problem and called Celebrity, they gave me a work around that let me book my shore excursions. I suggest calling them, they will walk you through the steps you need to take. It is indeed ridiculous in this day and age.

So the solution to Celebrity's crappo website is to call them and have them walk us through a work-around to be able to spend money with them? Not me.

Our big-box warehouse club's website - which functions very well for booking cruises - also offers excursions with guaranteed return to the ship insurance. We either book our excursions through them, or just grab a shuttle/taxi into town and explore on our own with information gleaned from a"what's in port" website.

Imagine where ebay or amazon would be if their websites worked as well as Celebrity's.

“Instead of clicking on LOG IN in the top right corner, click on the link right by it that says CHECK IN. It takes you to the old style page and it all works from there.”

I have just booked 4 excursions today and all looks OK, I’ve even had an email confirming my booking.

For UK cruisers:

If you are still having problems you can use a free phone number:

“If you wish to pre-book anything I would advise you to call our FREE phone number 0800 240 4259 opt 2 and one of the team will be able to help you.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums