best food on Hal

Niagarawine

I really enjoy the schnitzel in the Lido, but honestly don't remember seeing it on the menu in the Main Dining Room. I will have to look for that on my upcoming cruise.

I enjoy it to. I've seen it on the lunch menu in the MDR but I've seen it at night too. On the cruises I've been on its more often at lunch than dinner.

Agree with the hot dogs, and cheese plate!

Cheese plate is a given for me.... love them. But please tell me more about the dogs, are they awesome or what? And are you referring to the Dive-In dogs, or just the regular daily dogs?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Cheese plate is a given for me.... love them. But please tell me more about the dogs, are they awesome or what? And are you referring to the Dive-In dogs, or just the regular daily dogs?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Hi! The outstanding dog was at the Dive-In, first one at the top of the list. The fries aren't too shabby either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:)The Indonesian and Oriental dishes on the noon buffet are great. Love the fruit crisps of the day, raisin buns, English breakfast, scones at afternoon tea,. Pea soup, bone in ribeye in the Pinnacle and many others. They say some folks gain a pound a day on a cruise. I see how it can easily happen. We are booked on 2018 world cruise and I hope I don't gain 113 lbs!

DW was pleasantly surprised to find lugaw (rice soup) sometimes available at the asian station in the Lido at breakfast.

My DW loved this and had it every morning for breakfast in the Lido. They called it 'Congee' on Oosterdam last month. DW is originally from Taiwan and makes this for herself at home fairly regularly, but says Oosterdam's version was way better!

Love the Soft Shell Crab app I also like the cheese and meat plates at lunch

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The soft shell crab appetizer that was offered at dinner one evening was a big surprise to me. Never saw that on a HAL menu before and it was delicious, at least on the Amsterdam.