best food on Hal

Niagarawine

:D:D It's delish!

Oh and I almost forgot, the short-rib gnocchi in Canaletto!

I may have to try that. I had short rib stroganoff in the MDR on Veendam earlier this year that was to die for. If I had known how good it was going to be, I would've ordered double it was that good.

I am partial to freshly made omelets in the lido every morning. also have to agree with everyone about the rack of lamb.

also echoing another comment above, i was really surprised how good room service club sandwich and strawberry cheesecake were.

I just returned from the NA on Saturday. I must say that the escargot in the MDR was the best I have ever had. Just outstanding. The Dive - In hot dog with the melty cheese and jalapenos was also amazing. Most of the food was quite good on the ship. Seven days just wasn't enough time to try everything I wanted. In 2 months we will be on the Zaandam for 22 days. I bet I try everything then. :D

All this food talk has me eagerly counting the days until my next HAL cruise. I'm doing the 38-day Voyage of the Vikings next summer and I can't wait to see what the menus have to offer. I was blown away by the quality of the food on my 14-day Alaska trip on the Amsterdam in September, and I'll be on her sister ship (Rotterdam) next year. I'm looking forward to eating my way across the Atlantic and back. (I actually lost weight on my Alaska trip, much to the surprise of my cruise-savvy friends ... )

The pates at lunch time. Not every lunch, but when I see them, I get them.

Curiosity here regarding your name Niagarawines. Is there a specific favourite or do you live in the region? Asking from the bench ;) near Beamsville.

On our recent K cruise, several items stood out: the Arctic Char in the MDR was excellent and much preferred versus the surf and turf on Gala Night. The Cheese Plate for dessert in the MDR is quite good also. It's actually the same cheese plate that is served in the Pinnacle Grill.

The Jewels of the Sea, Wasabi and Soy Encrusted Tenderloin and Tamarind Chocolate in the Tamarind.

The Double Cut Pork Chop and the Halibut in the Pinnacle Grill were delicious.

On a previous cruise we also enjoyed the short rib gnocchi and sea bass in the Canaletto.

I must say that the escargot in the MDR was the best I have ever had. Just outstanding.

... we also enjoyed the short rib gnocchi ... in the Canaletto.

These 2 would definitely be on my list of favorites, along with the BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH HUCKLEBERRIES soup

from the original Le Cirque menu.

OMG people you're killing me here! I've gained a few pounds just reading all of your delicious posts :D

I'll be on the NA in 4 days and I now fear I'll attack All the food areas like a man long starved ;p

But I've been given a few new items to make sure I try at least once this trip. Thanks for that :*

dh

The fries at the Dive-In and the muesli for breakfast (which I really hope they haven’t enhanced away - I’m looking forward to both on my next cruise).

Not to worry.. the muesli is still alive and well (at least as of last month on Oosterdam). And I agree, it is delicious! Enjoyed some almost every morning in the Lido. :)

Not to worry.. the muesli is still alive and well (at least as of last month on Oosterdam). And I agree, it is delicious! Enjoyed some almost every morning in the Lido. :)

Oh yes! How could I forget the wonderful muesli!! I just got off an NCL cruise and theirs was not nearly as good as HALs. I do wish they had larger vessels for it though; I need like 4 of those shot glasses each morning haha.

This may seem a little out of the box, but the Wienerschnitzel in the MDR is outstanding. I failed to order it last year, instead choosing some sort of fish. Luckily, my lovely wife ordered the veal and saved a bit for me.

This may seem a little out of the box, but the Wienerschnitzel in the MDR is outstanding. I failed to order it last year, instead choosing some sort of fish. Luckily, my lovely wife ordered the veal and saved a bit for me.

I really enjoy the schnitzel in the Lido, but honestly don't remember seeing it on the menu in the Main Dining Room. I will have to look for that on my upcoming cruise.

I really enjoy the schnitzel in the Lido, but honestly don't remember seeing it on the menu in the Main Dining Room. I will have to look for that on my upcoming cruise.
DW ordered it and allowed me to order the corvina. I'm not saying that she was being mean, but I would have appreciated her stepping in and saying, "And the gentleman will have the schnitzel." :D