For a chuckle - Not a debate :)

Schoifmom

On our recent Dream cruise, which was the second that we have taken since the American Table menu, DH noticed on the third night that there were no tablecloths. This is 10 days of cruising without them (except for elegant nights)! So, I guess it really didn't matter to him :'):'):')

On our recent Dream cruise, which was the second that we have taken since the American Table menu, DH noticed on the third night that there were no tablecloths. This is 10 days of cruising without them (except for elegant nights)! So, I guess it really didn't matter to him :'):'):')

Sounds like he's like most guys. As long as the food's good, the presentation doesn't matter. :D :D

I will never forget seeing a guy knock over a glass of red wine on the tablecloth of our large shared table 10 minutes after dinner had started. We had to all sit there through dinner with this huge ugly red lake in the middle of the table. Such a waste. That is my opinion of table cloths.

I will never forget seeing a guy knock over a glass of red wine on the tablecloth of our large shared table 10 minutes after dinner had started. We had to all sit there through dinner with this huge ugly red lake in the middle of the table. Such a waste. That is my opinion of table cloths.

That's an ugly picture. However, it's possible that the blotter action of the tablecloth prevented that spilled glass of wine from ending up in someone's lap.

OP, that's too funny....but just goes to show how everyone is different. My DH noticed it immediately and repeatedly kept commenting on how much like eating in a Denny's he felt it was. He even felt that it affected the food itself (just a 'mental' thing - no pun intended). The outdated dark wood-like formica tables added to the feeling! LOL We are not fans of no tablecloths and do feel that table cloths added a 'classier' ambience and emotional mood!

Yes, I hate to waste wine.

That's an ugly picture. However, it's possible that the blotter action of the tablecloth prevented that spilled glass of wine from ending up in someone's lap.

Haha, yup or a lap full of freezing cold ice water my husband knocked over and into my lap.... I really don't care either way but table cloths do help contain liquid spills.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

On our cruise in October while at breakfast on a day when the seas were particularly rough our plates and coffee cups slid across the table which it would not have done with a table cloth, we thought it was pretty funny but it was only then that a couple people at the table realized there was no table cloth.

Wine ,coffee ,tea all leaves a stain in tablecloths . Carnival spent more money replacing tablecloths as there are always bumpkins spilling things . Now when someone spills something it just splatters onto the victims clothes sitting at the table. ;p. You now know that Carnival knows how to save money on your dime :cool:.

I'm worse than your husband, not sure I would have ever noticed.

The outdated dark wood-like formica tables added to the feeling! !

I've often thought that restaurants used tablecloths to cover cheap looking tables. This comment seems to bear out that belief. I have no complaints about the.lack of tablecloths at diners and casual restaurants, but when I pay extra for fine dining I expect that to include tablecloths. Plus, you can use the edge of a tablecloth to push back a spill.