FTTF - Disembark Late

lve2travel100

Hello, I have read that you can request to disembark later with FTTF. Is that true? Normally, we are out of our rooms pretty early, but I will have a later flight returning home, so we will not be in any rush to leave. I understand that everyone has to be off at a certain time, just didn't know how late you can stay.

Thanks.

We still get the #1 or #2 Zone card for our luggage but we either trade them in for a later number, or, if we have a friend with a later number and they want to get off early, then we trade with them.

We live on the West Coast so we always stay an extra day post cruise, and fly home the next day.

You usually have to be off the ship by 10 or 10:30

We wait to get off the ship until about last call as well. We usually hang out people watching. I just wish we didn't still have to be out of the cabin early.

Thank you. I was wondering if you still had to leave your cabin, but you answered that. Makes sense...My last cruise we went on, we left to eat and was coming back and the cabin steward already cleaned it. We were still super early and that never happened before. I really didn't like it. The cabin door was open and cabin steward was gone. Our carry on luggage was still there, so they knew we did not leave yet.

When you leave the ship is one thing, but what time you are supposed to vacate your cabin is something else entirely. Seems most times we have been told we needed to be out of the cabin by sometime between 8 and 9 AM and would need to wait elsewhere to disembark.

Thank you. I was wondering if you still had to leave your cabin, but you answered that. Makes sense...My last cruise we went on, we left to eat and was coming back and the cabin steward already cleaned it. We were still super early and that never happened before. I really didn't like it. The cabin door was open and cabin steward was gone. Our carry on luggage was still there, so they knew we did not leave yet.

Unfortunately, that is one of the things that you can't change. We had to be out by, I think, 8:30 am, bags and all.

Are the restaurants and pools open on disembarkation day? What are the benefits of staying on the ship till last call, besides not waiting in long lines?

The MDR and Lido are open for breakfast. I have never seen anyone in the pools that day. We just simply don't like to be rushed. We typically have a late afternoon flight, or we are flying out the next day. The only time we wanted to try to get off early was when we were driving home.

On our last cruise from NOLA, it seemed that everyone was trying to self-disembark and we literally waited for an hour to get an elevator to go down one floor to the Lido deck (DH uses a scooter, so we couldn't walk the stairs). After we had breakfast and waited an hour or so, there were absolutely no lines to get off the ship. It was smooth sailing (pun not intentional).

The MDR and Lido are open for breakfast. I have never seen anyone in the pools that day. We just simply don't like to be rushed. We typically have a late afternoon flight, or we are flying out the next day. The only time we wanted to try to get off early was when we were driving home.

On our last cruise from NOLA, it seemed that everyone was trying to self-disembark and we literally waited for an hour to get an elevator to go down one floor to the Lido deck (DH uses a scooter, so we couldn't walk the stairs). After we had breakfast and waited an hour or so, there were absolutely no lines to get off the ship. It was smooth sailing (pun not intentional).

Thank you for your insight. We missed breakfast on our last cruise that final morning because we thought they didn't offer it. We will be sure to stay for our final meal. :D