Hawaiian Cruise

Lovin’Cruisin’

We went last January, 17 day Hawaii circle. Seas on the way there were fine, calm on the way back. Weather was great. We had aft cabins and could sit out every afternoon the whole time. Didnt’ see rain the whole time. Round trip from San Diego. Had great weather there as well so could go down to the pier and see the battleship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never cruised the islands, but living here on Maui I would pick December. October and November are very hot. It is also hurricane season through November. Not that it would impact being out in the open seas, but going ashore it is typically muggy due to lack of the trade winds.

I would pick December as well. The Pacific hurricane season will be over by then, and the waters calmer. Of course with that said, one never knows what the weather will do from one year to the next. We enjoyed our cruise to Hawaii. I hope you do as well.

We went in October a few years back. The weather was great the entire trip. On the return we had two sea days where the Pacific was as flat as a piece of glass. It was almost unnerving how flat it was. I doubt you will go wrong with any of those months. It is a great trip.

OP: as much as we love sea days (next spring, we will do a transpacific with more that a dozen of them), our many Hawaii vacations over the years have been by land. Each Hawaiian island deserves far more exploration time than is available on a cruise.

True, the cruise will give you a "sampler." But, IMO, that's good only if your intention is to return for an extended stay on whichever island will best capture your interest (I'm betting it will be Kauai).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums