San Juan Rainforest?

PROCRUISE

Will be on the Viking Sea on January 6, 2018 and have been to the old city in San Juan three previous times. I thought I'd take the optional rainforest tour. However, wondering if anyone has done this tour since the hurricane struck and is there much rainforest even left to see and tour?

I read on Teip Advisor forum that there is a page on Face Book called Puerto Rico with some current information and pictures of the forest.

Everything I have read is that it is, as Cilcianrqts stated, decimated. At this time it is not open - and progress in PR seems fairly slow. I have not read of an ETA on when they will be able to allow people in.

Hopefully you are able to by January, but a back up plan would probably be a good thing.

I read on Teip Advisor forum that there is a page on Face Book called Puerto Rico with some current information and pictures of the forest.

Everything I have read is that it is, as Cilcianrqts stated, decimated. At this time it is not open - and progress in PR seems fairly slow. I have not read of an ETA on when they will be able to allow people in.

Hopefully you are able to by January, but a back up plan would probably be a good thing.

The FB page titled Puerto Rico are great with updating the opening of hotels, restaurants and tourist destination. Send them a question about the rain forest, they will answer promptly.