BOGO 2 Night Dining Package Price Increase

Looks like the price has gone up on the BOGO 2 Night package. I am not sure if the others did too.

I paid $37.50 pp CAD the other day when I bought it. It is now showing at $50pp CAD. We sail on 11/25 on the Freedom. That is just over 33% increase

I thought it might have been because of the currency so I checked my 3/3/2018 Freedom reservation as well which was booked in USD. I just happened to have had the package in my cart. It says its changed as well. I am not sure what it was before in USD, but I know it was less than the $40pp USD it is now.

I checked and it still shows $0 for service charge, so I am not sure if they are increasing the pricing to offset the gratuity, but it went up way more that 18% (at least on the CAD side).

I just checked (didn't buy but I noticed similar pricing to $37.50 CAD the other day), and lo and behold, it shows $50. That's quite a jump...and more than the 18% gratuity that people have been mentioning. Darn, that was a good deal while it lasted.

First Night Done Right is now listed for $20 USD on my January 2018 Oasis booking.

Added: BOGO is $40 USD for November 2018 on Symphony

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

Our 1/7/18 Oasis now shows First Night Done Right at $20, but describes it as 50% off, so it may be more than $20. Giovanni's is now $30, as opposed to $21. All other dining packages are the same as they were: 3 night = $85, 4 night = $100, 5 night = $115.

mac_tlc

BOGO for both legs of our B2B on Navigator in a couple weeks is up to $40pp. We bought it at $30pp for each one thankfully. T&Cs still state that package includes service charge. Funny thing is Giovanni's has been listed at $21 for months and it's now showing at $30, so we were planning on doing Chops and Giovanni's anyways it'll save us $35 over the individual prices.

Our January 2019 Symphony shows Ultimate Dining Package at $203, BOGO 2 night at $40, but 3, 4 and 5 night packages are $85, $100, and $115 respectively -- and still say that the "service charge" is included.

mac_tlc

Our January 2019 Symphony shows Ultimate Dining Package at $203, BOGO 2 night at $40, but 3, 4 and 5 night packages are $85, $100, and $115 respectively -- and still say that the "service charge" is included.

mac_tlc

I don't get it, does this vary by ship? I've got May Allure 2018 reservations that seem to have the ability to book NO dining packages showing as able to book in cruise planner.

Why are others able to book way later on same class of ship? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

I don't get it, does this vary by ship? I've got May Allure 2018 reservations that seem to have the ability to book NO dining packages showing as able to book in cruise planner.

Why are others able to book way later on same class of ship? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

I have been unable to discern any pattern as to when bookings of dining, or shows, or excursions are opened up. Frankly, I didn't expect to see anything for a January 2019 cruise in the cruise planner at this point. Maybe because Symphony is new and opening up options keeps the hype alive ?

mac_tlc

Thanks.

Harmony and Anthem seem to be able to book much earlier than other ships, so I assume this is the case for Symphony too. I’ve been able to book anywhere from 90-180 days on Oasis/Allure but it seems to vary. Pretty wacky - NCL opens up dining reservations to suite guests 100 days out and all guests 90 days out.

Harmony and Anthem seem to be able to book much earlier than other ships, so I assume this is the case for Symphony too. I’ve been able to book anywhere from 90-180 days on Oasis/Allure but it seems to vary. Pretty wacky - NCL opens up dining reservations to suite guests 100 days out and all guests 90 days out.

We're 16 months out on Symphony for March 2019 and can book some dining packages (none of the new restaurants are there yet for single restaurant bookings). There are also some excursions, but nothing else can be booked yet.

We are on Freedom in December. Decided to book the BOGO but it wouldn't take my credit card so I ended up calling C&A. I booked it for 4 of us at $120 on Tuesday. When I went back in to delete it out of my cart, it then said no longer able to book online.

I just checked and the price now shows $40 per person. So I just saved $40 unless they try to make me pay the new price when I board in just over 30 days. I also noticed Giovanni's went up to $30 per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on Adventure in May 2018 and can't book anything except the Evian water package or the deluxe drink package. No other drink packages exist for me, and nothing at all for dining.

I can’t see dining for my May Cruise either. Mine is May 6 on Liberty. I can see all the drink packages but none are discounted.

Up from $37.50 CAD to $50 CAD for me, too. With the 18% gratuity no longer included and being on top of the cover charge for on-board booking, RCI has guaranteed I won't be doing specialty dining in the future. They will just keep increasing the prices until we refuse to pay any more...but largely it seems that people will just grumble about it, but continue to pay.

I was looking at my cruise planner for our Jan. Anthem cruise. It shows the BOGO package as $30 per. I was thinking of booking the $85 per 3 SR package. Then I did my bookkeeping and instead chose to go with my BOGO with my D+ coupon (1st or 2ne nite) and use it at Chops for $42. Buy 2 dinners at Jamie's for $35 each and on another night go to the Solarium Café (gratis) and combine the lobster upcharge with their flank steak. At a minimum, I'm least guaranteed Chops, whereas some posters have mentioned that the $30 BOGO dining package they could not dine at Chops.

Looks like the price has gone up on the BOGO 2 Night package. I am not sure if the others did too.

I paid $37.50 pp CAD the other day when I bought it. It is now showing at $50pp CAD. We sail on 11/25 on the Freedom. That is just over 33% increase

I thought it might have been because of the currency so I checked my 3/3/2018 Freedom reservation as well which was booked in USD. I just happened to have had the package in my cart. It says its changed as well. I am not sure what it was before in USD, but I know it was less than the $40pp USD it is now.

I checked and it still shows $0 for service charge, so I am not sure if they are increasing the pricing to offset the gratuity, but it went up way more that 18% (at least on the CAD side).

I'm on the same Freedom sailing as you, but booked in USD. I purchased the BOGO last week for US$30 per person.

We are on Freedom in December. Decided to book the BOGO but it wouldn't take my credit card so I ended up calling C&A. I booked it for 4 of us at $120 on Tuesday. When I went back in to delete it out of my cart, it then said no longer able to book online.

I just checked and the price now shows $40 per person. So I just saved $40 unless they try to make me pay the new price when I board in just over 30 days. I also noticed Giovanni's went up to $30 per person.

I just checked and unless you cancel and rebook, you will not pay more.

It seems to be universal for the price change up to $40pp for BOGO specialty dining.

I have been reading various reviews and complaints about how the RCCL staff on board various ships are literally begging, harassing, pushing...whatever you want to call it...for people to purchase dining packages. So if this is the case, raising the prices for the BOGO, for example, would probably deter more people to try a specialty restaurant. Giovanni's restaurant on Freedom also went up. It would be interesting to see if attendance goes down after this increase.

I have been reading various reviews and complaints about how the RCCL staff on board various ships are literally begging, harassing, pushing...whatever you want to call it...for people to purchase dining packages. So if this is the case, raising the prices for the BOGO, for example, would probably deter more people to try a specialty restaurant. Giovanni's restaurant on Freedom also went up. It would be interesting to see if attendance goes down after this increase.

I've seen that reported here, but I have yet to experience it. We were asked once when we boarded about different special dining packages, and one time at an event. That's it.

Boy, the prices are all over the place. My cruise planner for Anthem shows the 4 nite SD at $100 per.

Hi.

If I wanted to purchase BOGO for our August Allure cruise, and pay $50 per person, is it correct that I can go to two specialty restaurants? Can I choose the restaurants? Can I choose the days I go?

My dh wants the six of us to go to the Chops but I think it's over $50 a person and although I have told him that he still wants to go but now reading this BOGO, could I go to Chops and another restaurant during our Allure cruise?

Thank you.

Hi.

If I wanted to purchase BOGO for our August Allure cruise, and pay $50 per person, is it correct that I can go to two specialty restaurants? Can I choose the restaurants? Can I choose the days I go?

My dh wants the six of us to go to the Chops but I think it's over $50 a person and although I have told him that he still wants to go but now reading this BOGO, could I go to Chops and another restaurant during our Allure cruise?

Thank you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think BOGO is restricted to days 1 and 2.