Fitting a 3rd person in a Superior OV room on the Oasis?

Howie411

Going on a cruise in Dec. on the Oasis of the Sea. We have 2 rooms. My wife and I in 1 and my Sister and daughter in the other. My daughter is only 3 so we'd actually like her to stay in our room but obviously for cost wise it was cheaper to book 2 rooms then a room of 3 and a room for 1. Are these rooms large enough to sleep 3? I called RC and asked for a cot but they said they didn't do that. It looks like there are a few rooms with a pull out bed on the couch but the price increase was ridiculous.

Our daughter just sleeps on the unfolded couch. She was 3.5yrs last fall when we cruised. We put the desk chair and a suitcase along the side of the couch so she didn't roll out (and to keep her bears on the couch). She will do the same on our upcoming cruise when she will be just under 5yrs old. It isn't worth the fuss of unfolding the couch into a bed when they are that small. Plus with her napping (she will on the cruise so she can be up late) it would mean leaving the bed unfolded all the time making the room very small.

If your room has a sofa you will be fine. You will want to increase your room attendants tip if you are putting an extra person in your room though as it is more work for them. Unless the room she is officially booked in is also in the same attendants area.

Sounds like you have two rooms booked that each hold two people. You could put your daughter in your room unofficially, but she would have to sleep on the couch, which might be a love seat. If either room was meant to hold more than two guests it would show on the deck plan as being for 3 or more people, with either a sofa bed or Pullman bed.

You didn't say if the rooms were close to each other. Bear in mind that even rooms next door to each other could be in a different muster station. The number of guests in each cabin is covered by lifeboat/ muster numbers, regardless of the age of the passenger.

Your daughter is too old for an infant pack-and-play for the cabin.

If you do decide to let your daughter sleep on the couch, you should notify guest services so that her gratuities are billed to the correct cabin.

Was on the Harmony, and needed the to use the couch as bed. The attended converted the couch to a bed every night for us. Turning the day when we went for breakfast he converted the bed back to a couch. Gave the guy a extra tip for his effort.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Was on the Harmony, and needed the to use the couch as bed. The attended converted the couch to a bed every night for us. Turning the day when we went for breakfast he converted the bed back to a couch. Gave the guy a extra tip for his effort.

Sounds like you had a sofa bed, and therefore cabin was able to sleep 3-4. OP didn't state cabin number - may not have a sofa bed; could have just a sofa or love seat.

Sounds like you had a sofa bed, and therefore cabin was able to sleep 3-4. OP didn't state cabin number - may not have a sofa bed; could have just a sofa or love seat.
You are right we did have a sofa bed, and our room could sleep 6 people. We had two bunk beds, a king size bed, and a convertable sofa bed.