Is there WiFi and food available at airport?

bedfordmom

We flew out of San Juan on October 31st. We didn't try wi-fi at the gate area, but were on United (which is a member of Star Alliance) so used the wi-fi in the shared Star Alliance clubroom before the flight.

The food venues, both outside of security and past security, all seemed to be open. What we walked past seemed to be of the fast food variety.

Dont know about wifi, but your USA cell plan should work in PR, same as on the mainland.

I prefer that over free WiFi

Sent from my P027 using Forums mobile app

This depends on the plan. I have Verizon and with all of my ‘no roaming’ settings turned on; I was able to use voice and text but not able to use data.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This depends on the plan. I have Verizon and with all of my ‘no roaming’ settings turned on; I was able to use voice and text but not able to use data.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the same issue. Verizon sent me a text message when I trusted on my phone in PR saying that to use data, I had to enable roaming, but I would not be charged. I did it and it worked.

I've had to do this in Alaska too. The reason is that Verizon doesn't have it's own cell towers in PR, so you are really roaming, even though they don't charge extra. However, I understand that many people would not be comfortable turning on roaming, thinking they might get charged.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app