Cruise line differences, mainly RCL vs Carnival?

scott2165

carnival kills rci in one aspect..spa facilities..carnival has a free locker room for men and women that has upgraded showers, bathrooms and a double sinks..all etched in a marble look. i never took a shower in my room all week. i was on the magic.

Have never paid more than $2400 (sometimes less) for 7 nights in a Balcony out of any port on Royal Caribbean (well, I take that back...sailing on a 7 nighter to Alaska in 2018 for $3600...... we sailed on Liberty last year from Galveston in a Balcony for $2200.

I always book a year or more in advance... and always book directly with Royal... no TA for me...

Just curious as to why.

I've booked my cruises through a TA and have found I get a better price (and that's been on Carnival, Norwegian and Royal) and more perks. Last cruise the price difference wasn't huge, but there was a savings, and I got $170 more in on-board credit, plus a free meal at Chops.

carnival kills rci in one aspect..spa facilities..carnival has a free locker room for men and women that has upgraded showers, bathrooms and a double sinks..all etched in a marble look. i never took a shower in my room all week. i was on the magic.

Interesting . That sold you

I think people have either selective reading or don't actually read the whole post. 800 pp for a July 4th cruise is a pretty good price.

Agreed. People seem to be ignoring the number of passengers, as well as the target cruise date. OP's quote sounds like a good price to me, given those factors.

Definite agree with this. Last time we sailed a dream class ship, we booked a spa room. I always just went to the spa showers while my wife got ready in the room. They are huge and almost no one knows about them.