Platinum/Diamond Party invitation is now for entire cabin

RjayB

That’s what mine looked like too. What did the rest of your correspondence that had to do with being Platinum look like? Did the letters have your name on them or were they generic?

Our free brunch drink letters were personalized, and we received 2 pins and 2 Yeti-style glasses. Everything showed that we were both platinum, from our boarding passes to our S&S cards.

As mentioned before, our table mates at the party also had an identical single invitation with just their stateroom number also.

Our free brunch drink letters were personalized, and we received 2 pins and 2 Yeti-style glasses. Everything showed that we were both platinum, from our boarding passes to our S&S cards.

As mentioned before, our table mates at the party also had an identical single invitation with just their stateroom number also.

Yes, the drink coupons will always be personalized. I meant the letters about tendering or getting off the ship.

On 14 day Freedom Journeys cruise last week, the two diamonds in my cabin each got a separate invitation (with their name on it) to the Diamond/Platinum party. There were two separate parties on the same day (3:30pm and 5:00pm) due to the large number of Diamonds and Platinums on this cruise. And every other communication that came through the 14 days was addressed to each of the individuals, not to the cabin.

I should mention this as I have waited for others to have an opinion. Early on in the cruise we had met the entertainment director before with our family, so when we went to the party he asked where our family members were . He explained that they were certainly welcome to the party.

So I bothered to ask the Captain and others during our Diamond/ Platinum parties if it was OK to bring our family members along . Their words were ,but of course you should bring along your family. So in my past three cruises we did, with no problems what so ever..

What is the difference between a Platinum member and gold member checking in at embarkation, and the same Gold member attending a Past Guest party for Platinum?

Platinum and diamond members get priority boarding, like FTTF but at no cost. Gold gets nothing. You pick check in time and wait from there. I believe platinum and diamond also have a lounge to wait for boarding to begin. I can't swear tho as I'm neither. I just pay for FTTF and skip the line. Gold members are no long invited to the past guest party.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

What is the difference between a Platinum member and gold member checking in at embarkation, and the same Gold member attending a Past Guest party for Platinum?

You mean if the Gold member is in the same cabin as the Platinum member? It doesn't cost anything or take service away from other Platinum/Diamond members if they are checking in vs if they are going to the party. Plus the boarding passes are printed individually and the Gold member's pass actually says "Priority" just like the Platinum's. The invitations when printed with a name only have the Platinum member's name on it.

If Carnival wanted to invite the other cabin members to the party, then they should and they would by putting "And Guest", "+1" on the invitation, or issue each person their own with their name on it. Those of us that have been around long enough remember why they stopped inviting Gold members to the party and it was because there were too many people. So if everyone brings a guest or two, pretty soon we're back to the old ways. There are already a lot of Platinums and service can be extremely slow as it is.

If they want us to bring a guest and that has been their intention all along, then by all means let us. But it needs to be specified on the invitation and hopefully they are prepared. I would hate to see it go away because it gets out of control once again.

I know what it's like to be Gold after they made the changes and wasn't invited anymore. Although I can say I do enjoy the parties more now. Yes there are a lot of people and service can be slow, but at least it's not so large that it has to be held in the main theatre like I experienced before.

For me the issue isn't so much whether or not non Platinum members should be invited as it's Carnival's party and they can make whatever rules they want, but rather are the other people actually invited as the program stands (regardless of what people think or are told onboard). I think the answer is that they are not invited as the program stands right now. However, it seems up for interpretation depending on who you ask on the ship. Whatever it is, they need to say exactly who is invited in writing on the invitation (although it already does when it says the Platinum member's name). If there is any variation of that, then each person needs to have an invitation to present and be collected at the entrance.

You mean if the Gold member is in the same cabin as the Platinum member? It doesn't cost anything or take service away from other Platinum/Diamond members if they are checking in vs if they are going to the party. Plus the boarding passes are printed individually and the Gold member's pass actually says "Priority" just like the Platinum's. The invitations when printed with a name only have the Platinum member's name on it.

If Carnival wanted to invite the other cabin members to the party, then they should and they would by putting "And Guest", "+1" on the invitation, or issue each person their own with their name on it. Those of us that have been around long enough remember why they stopped inviting Gold members to the party and it was because there were too many people. So if everyone brings a guest or two, pretty soon we're back to the old ways. There are already a lot of Platinums and service can be extremely slow as it is.

If they want us to bring a guest and that has been their intention all along, then by all means let us. But it needs to be specified on the invitation and hopefully they are prepared. I would hate to see it go away because it gets out of control once again.

I know what it's like to be Gold after they made the changes and wasn't invited anymore. Although I can say I do enjoy the parties more now. Yes there are a lot of people and service can be slow, but at least it's not so large that it has to be held in the main theatre like I experienced before.

For me the issue isn't so much whether or not non Platinum members should be invited as it's Carnival's party and they can make whatever rules they want, but rather are the other people actually invited as the program stands (regardless of what people think or are told onboard). I think the answer is that they are not invited as the program stands right now. However, it seems up for interpretation depending on who you ask on the ship. Whatever it is, they need to say exactly who is invited in writing on the invitation (although it already does when it says the Platinum member's name). If there is any variation of that, then each person needs to have an invitation to present and be collected at the entrance.

My husband and I are gold, we were able to make it to one party and I agree it was insane with the amount of people. However it really stung when they took that away along with the free drink at brunch. The one drink we do get now being limited to the last night stinks. I feel like they should have done now to compensate for taking away the party, maybe a couple of more free drinks that's really all you got at the party anyways. We still have about 3 cruises depending on length until we are Platinum. By the time we get there they will probably take away more of the perks again...

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Here is the invitation. For some reason I can't upload it as a picture.

After viewing the file I think the intent of the invitation is to invite the Diamond and Platinum members of the cabin to the Diamond and Platinum reunion party... However, I do know that "extras" have been coming to these parties regularly since the change (and before.. remember how it was a big joke when they would have you clap for all the ships you have been on and then the CD would say- how many of you are onboard for your first time?)

I do like that they have streamlined the party as it had really gotten out of control- too crowded to enjoy, you were lucky if the drinks and apps came around once...

I know how frustrating it must be for those Gold card members who were allowed to attend and now are not... I would be disappointed too. For that reason- I would like for them to adhere to the rules they have set into place. That makes it the most fair across the board.

But if I get to my next reunion and find a Gold, Red or Blue card in my vicinity - it won't phase me in the least.

I am thinking that the number of Diamonds/Platinums on board for any particular cruise might be used as an indicator of whether their cabin mates and or families may also be invited. Since the process was changed, I have been on cruises where there were less than a hundred on the ship. Since it dictates how many FTTF tickets are sold, it may also have some impact on whether friends and families of D/Ps may be invited to the D/P party.

Just off the Sunshine last week (11-4 thru 11-11)...

We received one invitation and as both myself and my wife are Platinum I was a bit confused, after looking at the invitation BOTH OUR NAMES were on it. No mention of the "cabin", very specifically stated the 2 of us.

I think they are cutting out the extra invite, but again no mention that the cabin could come, just the 2 of us.

Having said all that, when we arrived at the party the "doorman" saw an invite and waived us through... So I'm not sure they really care if you know where to go and have at least one invite.

They actually know how many Plat/Diamonds are onboard and how many other people are in those cabins, so I'm sure they would notice a huge increase in that number...

• 2 weeks later...
From the Conquest Nov 5th 2017 sailing: The platinum/diamond invitations are no longer per person. The invitation is addressed to the cabin number, and everyone in the cabin is invited regardless of individual status.

I didnt see this mentioned anywhere else, have any recent platinum/diamond cruisers seen this on any other ships?

This is not the way it is done on the Glory. Just came off the ship 2 days ago and received an individual invitation for each person in the cabin who was eligible to go with their name on it. No "Plus 1" or "and Guest" written anywhere on it. I would have to see a pic of an invitation that states otherwise to believe it.

That’s what mine looked like too. What did the rest of your correspondence that had to do with being Platinum look like? Did the letters have your name on them or were they generic?

Mine and DW's was like that with our names printed in the blank space above the section #.

Even that generic one still didn't say anything about bringing the entire cabin. It stated Diamond/Platinum VIFP Party.

This is not the way it is done on the Glory. Just came off the ship 2 days ago and received an individual invitation for each person in the cabin who was eligible to go with their name on it. No "Plus 1" or "and Guest" written anywhere on it. I would have to see a pic of an invitation that states otherwise to believe it.

Post #25 on pg 2 of this thread has one attached. No names, no number of guests, just the cabin number on the invitation. I would take that to mean whoever is in the cabin is invited.

Post #25 on pg 2 of this thread has one attached. No names, no number of guests, just the cabin number on the invitation. I would take that to mean whoever is in the cabin is invited.

As I stated in #45, the invitation, even without a name, clearly states that it is a Diamond/Platinum party so your assumption that it be for the entire cabin irregardless of their level would be incorrect.

As I stated in #45, the invitation, even without a name, clearly states that it is a Diamond/Platinum party so your assumption that it be for the entire cabin irregardless of their level would be incorrect.

You’re both making assumptions, just because it’s a party to recognize Ds and Ps does not mean they are the only ones invited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You’re both making assumptions, just because it’s a party to recognize Ds and Ps does not mean they are the only ones invited.

I’ve never seen it as a party to recognize Ds & Ps. Rather a party FOR the Ds & Ps. Much like a class reunion - the people invited are those who are part of the class, not open invitation to all so that those classmates can be recognized. I wouldn’t care if the Ps & Ds could bring a “plus one”. But perhaps they should have to pay a fee since they don’t qualify to be there. We’ve not been aboard since it was changed to P & D, but loved the change that moved it from past guest to gold, platinum and diamond. It was less chaotic, you actually could get more than one pass at the apps and drinks. I’m looking forward to our next cruise on the Horizon when we will get to go to the smaller party.