Credit Card Question on Set Sail Pass UK

Ned11

I've tried to search for the answer but can't find it.

I'm looking at my set sail pass and it asks me to tick either answer A or B. This is about Currency Conversion authorization. I don't quite understand it and don't want to tick the wrong one.

Do I allow RCI currency conversion or do I allow my credit card to do it? I want it to be taken as USD as I don't get charged for using it in another currency as well as GBP.

Apparently, RCI charge a 3 percent fee for the conversion.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

It would depend on your credit card, is there a charge for money exchange or is it free? If it is free then tick that you want your credit card provider to be used for the charge.

Cross out having RCI do it. They often do it even if you haven't requested it.

It would depend on your credit card, is there a charge for money exchange or is it free? If it is free then tick that you want your credit card provider to be used for the charge.

Cross out having RCI do it. They often do it even if you haven't requested it.

I don’t get charged from my card. Thanks for the heads up about RCI doing it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried to search for the answer but can't find it.

I'm looking at my set sail pass and it asks me to tick either answer A or B. This is about Currency Conversion authorization. I don't quite understand it and don't want to tick the wrong one.

Do I allow RCI currency conversion or do I allow my credit card to do it? I want it to be taken as USD as I don't get charged for using it in another currency as well as GBP.

Apparently, RCI charge a 3 percent fee for the conversion.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Have your credit card company convert as you get a better rate. Both of my cards have no foreign conversion fees.

One thing to be careful about - more times than I would call acceptable, they screw things up and code your account as Royal doing the conversion even though you selected the other option. Would check with guest services a couple of days into your cruise to make sure it's set-up correctly.

One thing to be careful about - more times than I would call acceptable, they screw things up and code your account as Royal doing the conversion even though you selected the other option. Would check with guest services a couple of days into your cruise to make sure it's set-up correctly.

Thanks. I’ll bare that it mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told you should always use the currency of the country you are in when using a card abroad, so on a cruise ship keep it in dollars and let your bank do the conversion.

THIS ^^^^^^^

Even if your credit card has a fee, overall the cost will typically be less than using the vendor's exchange rate.

Your credit card uses the international bank rate (the rate reported in newspapers and on financial shows).

A great app to have on your phone to see the different is XE. It updates rates daily, and will convert from any currency to any currency, and even multiples at a time (USD to Euro and GBP).