Does the cruise line have to honor what they website says?

Hammergirl

So I am searching a March cruise and on the Harmony. I am looking at balcony rooms and I see this. Now - I am pretty sure sky class does not apply to a regular balcony room, but it is listed under this class of room. I looked 3 different times and it is still showing this way. I am wondering if I book it and it is some sort of glitch, do they have to honor this? Also, how do I know if it is a non-refundable deposit as it did not ask me which I wanted.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Vast views of the landscapes, seascapes and skies are yours to enjoy from your private balcony.

• Sky Class Exclusives*
    • Concierge Service
    • All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen
    • Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival)
    • Complimentary VOOM - The Fastest Internet at Sea
    • Priority Boarding & Departure
    • And more

[*]Beds

• Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
    • One double sofa bed in stateroom with up to 4 and 5 guests
    • One Pullman bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests

[*]OccupancyUp to 5 guests

[*]

No way you will get Sky Class perks with a superior oceanview balcony. It's a website glitch...one of many...

Agree with dplusd. You will not get the Sky Class perks with a ocean view balcony stateroom.

I called twice and the second person I got looked several times and said it was a current promotion that just started with this class of room. So it looks like it is legit.

Even though all calls are recorded "for quality assurance purposes", I still wouldn't expect RCL to stand behind what one of their CSR's says over the phone. They've been know to be wrong before...............

Having said that, if it's something you'd be booking anyway, maybe chance it?

I called twice and the second person I got looked several times and said it was a current promotion that just started with this class of room. So it looks like it is legit.
LOL Well you go with that then, but it's wrong and NO it will not be honored.

I had this happen to me and was ready to post until I saw this thread, so I’ll share my experience here, if I may.

Our cruise is 1/7/18 on the Anthem booked directly with the cruise line. I often check rates and with today being Black Friday, today was no exception. I saw that there were D2 and D3 balconies, of which the superior ocean views had ‘sky class’ amenities offered, so I called. I got the runaround and the rep not knowing what I was talking about. She walked me through screenshotting the info to her, which I did. She (said) she took it through her superiors and came back saying that this was a “glitch” in the system. I call BS on that! It might be a glitch, but it’s advertised and I want what it advertised. She said sky class is only for mini-suites and above. I get it! I’m not new to royal, but I know how to read, and I wanted what was advertised. The price difference between my cabin a (D1, and what they offered (D2 and D3) was about $55, in their favor. I would’ve paid the difference for the cruise. Nope!

I called back to get another rep, but thev wouldn’t budge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had this happen to me and was ready to post until I saw this thread, so I’ll share my experience here, if I may.

Our cruise is 1/7/18 on the Anthem booked directly with the cruise line. I often check rates and with today being Black Friday, today was no exception. I saw that there were D2 and D3 balconies, of which the superior ocean views had ‘sky class’ amenities offered, so I called. I got the runaround and the rep not knowing what I was talking about. She walked me through screenshotting the info to her, which I did. She (said) she took it through her superiors and came back saying that this was a “glitch” in the system. I call BS on that! It might be a glitch, but it’s advertised and I want what it advertised. She said sky class is only for mini-suites and above. I get it! I’m not new to royal, but I know how to read, and I wanted what was advertised. The price difference between my cabin a (D1, and what they offered (D2 and D3) was about $55, in their favor. I would’ve paid the difference for the cruise. Nope!

I called back to get another rep, but thev wouldn’t budge.

Thank you! I call BS on this as well. I just looked and it is STILL listed, 24 hours after I saw it and spoke with a rep.

I ended up booking 2 rooms last night with the rep who said it was a new promotion. Asked him about 4 times if he was sure, yep he was sure. I called this morning and nope-I don’t have sky class amenities as advertised. I called and spoke with someone who also pulled it up and saw it who agreed with me that they should honor it. Kept getting transferred around to people ending up with the resolutions dept. The girl I spoke with was completely rude. Told me she also could see it but nope, not going to honor it. At this point I was really upset. I had several people at Royal tell me they could see it but I can’t have it.

I understand that sometimes there are glitches, but they should honor what their website says. I own a business and I would absolutely honor a price on my website, even if it was wrong. That is my problem, not the customers. All I was told was they know about it and are fixing it. Seriously? How long does it take? How many people booked their cruise online and will show up and not get what they think they paid for?

It might be a glitch, but it’s advertised and I want what it advertised.

So when the Jaguar dealer's ad has a misprint, and a $150,000 car is listed in the paper for $15,000 due to an unfortunate misprint, you really think you're going to be able to buy it for $15,000? Good luck with that.

I understand that sometimes there are glitches, but they should honor what their website says. I own a business and I would absolutely honor a price on my website, even if it was wrong.

Mistakes happen and when something is a misprint or mistake, you're generally out of luck. If the difference is relatively small, you might get a business here and there that honors it (ex. a retailer accidentally puts some $50 sweaters on the "40% off" table by mistake), but on big things, like a missing zero that drastically changes the price,or a cruise where you are "promised" a bunch of perks that only go with a much higher cabin class, you're almost certainly out of luck.

From the RCI website

Disclaimers

The Company has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material, but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to this website or any other Company Website. Users of information from this website or any other Company Website or links do so at their own risk. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of any Company Website. The Company is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors and reserves the right to cancel without liability any bookings made at erroneous rates. While the Company may make changes to the information in any Company Website or to any Company service or product at any time without notice, the Company makes no commitment to update the information on a Company Website.

It honestly does not matter to me anymore. I felt they were wrong, I cancelled my two rooms and took my money to a different cruise line. I have been reading the RCL board the last few days and it seems they fall back on this excuse a lot with their passengers. Personally, that is not cool with me and so I took my money elsewhere.

It honestly does not matter to me anymore. I felt they were wrong, I cancelled my two rooms and took my money to a different cruise line. I have been reading the RCL board the last few days and it seems they fall back on this excuse a lot with their passengers. Personally, that is not cool with me and so I took my money elsewhere.

Great, good luck to you. If you think any other line would honor this, you will be out of cruise lines (or really any kind of vacation) pretty quickly.

Hope you didn't book with NCL. Sailed with them last week and they are much worse in every category...customer service, web IT issues, food is far inferior, ship was crowded and even with dining reservations lines were extremely long. One positive we enjoyed was their beverage package which came with the deal/no deal. Interesting that we only had to give one card for purchase not both. Grass is not always greener.