Cheers Package Price Increase: $2 dollars more

shof515

You should try it (I am assuming she drinks). Even if you come out a little in the red, you might be surprised when there is no pressure.

This. The first time we got Cheers! I just felt so much better on that cruise (and not from the drinks:cool:). We prepaid for it and that was it. There was no worrying how many we had that day and if we were still in our "booze budget". It gave me piece of mind knowing it was already paid for. It also made my wife a little more willing to try drinks she otherwise might not have. If I pay $10 for a drink, you better believe I'm going to drink it, whether I liked it or not. But if I got a drink as part of an all-inclusive package and didn't like it, I'd just order something else. I agree 100% that even if we came out a little in the red, I'd still do it for convenience, piece of mind, and the "ya never know" factor.

This. The first time we got Cheers! I just felt so much better on that cruise (and not from the drinks:cool:). We prepaid for it and that was it. There was no worrying how many we had that day and if we were still in our "booze budget". It gave me piece of mind knowing it was already paid for. It also made my wife a little more willing to try drinks she otherwise might not have. If I pay $10 for a drink, you better believe I'm going to drink it, whether I liked it or not. But if I got a drink as part of an all-inclusive package and didn't like it, I'd just order something else. I agree 100% that even if we came out a little in the red, I'd still do it for convenience, piece of mind, and the "ya never know" factor.

This is exactly what I really like about the Cheers program. We had it for the first time on our last cruise in 2016. DW is not a huge drinker, if she had 3 or 4 a day she's doing well. I on the other hand will make a go of it. But the peace of mind in being able to try new things without feel remorse about it was wonderful. Not having to constantly check my S&S account to see what we were going to owe at the end, felt like a truly all inclusive vacation. I loved trying all the drinks at Alchemy bar. (Not all were good ones either) And generally just being able to try new things was great. Now that they have removed the $10/drink limit and added all the non-alcoholic drinks to it will make it even more appealing. I'm looking forward to trying some more of their nicer tequilas and whiskeys.

This may be a question for some more experienced cruisers regarding Cheers. My son, girlfriend, friend, and his girlfriend are headed out on a cruise this spring. Only the two boys want the Cheers program and the girls do not want it. So on the books the two boys are rooming together and the girls are rooming together. My question is- is there a work around on the keys because the keys are only able to open the room they are assigned to?

This may be a question for some more experienced cruisers regarding Cheers. My son, girlfriend, friend, and his girlfriend are headed out on a cruise this spring. Only the two boys want the Cheers program and the girls do not want it. So on the books the two boys are rooming together and the girls are rooming together. My question is- is there a work around on the keys because the keys are only able to open the room they are assigned to?

Go to guest services and say you locked your S&S card in the room and just need a key to go in and get it.

d317d8126603cb2254993883bd5ce866.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would buy this on every cruise except that my wife hardly drinks anything, so it just doesn't make it work for me. Having to buy two when only one drinks....

Other cruise lines are changing to this policy. My understanding is RCCL, which used to allow only 1 in the cabin to purchase the alcohol package now also requires all above 21 to purchase if one of them want it.