European Cruises for 2019?

We had reserved a cruise on Symphony in Europe for June 2018 but I just canceled because of date conflicts with our family (multiple family groups) and we decided to wait until summer of 2019. Does anyone know when they will come out with their summer European dates?

Also, has anyone sailed Mediterranean or Greek cruises. What are things you loved and found challenging? I've never traveled out of North America, so I find figuring out travel for all the family a bit overwhelming but yet I'm super excited too.

We had reserved a cruise on Symphony in Europe for June 2018 but I just canceled because of date conflicts with our family (multiple family groups) and we decided to wait until summer of 2019. Does anyone know when they will come out with their summer European dates? ... .

Normally Spring 2018.

I've never traveled out of North America, so I find figuring out travel for all the family a bit overwhelming but yet I'm super excited too.

Start with a must - passports. Then read some reviews. After that, come back with specific questions.

Avoid July and August if you can. Very hot and crowded, not the best for sightseeing. Also prices are high in those months because the European schools are on holiday. If your schedule allows it, choose May/June or September/October.

I agree with FionaMG, Sept.,Oct., even Nov. are definitely the best times to sail Europe.

Greece is spectacular that time of year. Venice and Croatia wonderful. Not as crowded, fares are always lower, And the best scenario is the chance you might be upgraded to a

Suite. If possible, plan to spend a few days in the home port before embarking on your cruise!

.Happy Planning!

If you are doing a family trip then my recommendation is to pick two itineraries you think work best and then let everyone vote, that way everyone has a say.

I found sailing out of Barcelona, Rome, and Venice easy,but your budget and ability to use public transportation is a factor.

For Precruise stays you can arrange with hotels group rates and then everyone can book their own. Transport can also be arranged to cruises via hotels/ taxi or shuttle services. Everyone pays their own items directly to the company/hotel because everyone has that one relative that will take advantage otherwise.

Every itinerary has challenges, pros and cons. Check the Europe boards for specifics.

Happy planning!