help booking transatlantic

boatman

Boatman, what specific days are you looking to book? And why is one leg of this trip already booked? Is it refundable or re-usable; or are you stuck with it? You will generally find better pricing by booking a RT than several individual legs or a One Way, and you may even find the Cruise air to be cheaper for international routings. Greatam on these boards has a lot of insider type knowledge, but more information is needed from you to be really helpful

If you are looking at the online air bookings do "multi -destination "option then look for LEX-Newark then LHR-LEX for your dates of travel

it is called an "Open Jaw"

You will probably find 2 RT more expensive anyway.

Sounds like a good price to me.

Compare cruise air to what you can find. Sometimes cruise air is cheaper, especially for repositioning cruises. But then you have to rely on cruise line routing which can be inconvenient.

We originally booked cruise air for our recent transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami because, at $699, it was less than the $1,000+ that most search engines were pricing one-way air from NYC to Barcelona. However I was able to find one way air from JFK to Barcelona for about $300 on http://www.airlineconsolidator.com. Adding a Jet Blue flight from Miami to Newark only cost $69 so I saved over $300.

Archived