Budgeting for flights from Europe

Hflors

Yeah, thats always been the kicker when trying to book your own tickets on cruises. Unless your cruise starts/ends at the same port, you're really looking at 2 one-ways from the airlines perspective.

no you're not...you're looking at a multi-city ticket or open jaw which is wayyyyy cheaper than two one ways. Barely more expensive than a return ticket.

no you're not...you're looking at a multi-city ticket or open jaw which is wayyyyy cheaper than two one ways. Barely more expensive than a return ticket.

I know this is traditionally true, but in the days of allegiant and frontier making their pricing each way; not sure that is. We need multi city on delta and two one way tickets were almost the same price as the multi city ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before booking any one way fare from Europe, check out WOW.com which connects major European cities through Iceland to US cities including Miami.

I took wow from France to BWI for my HS reunion and although they are replete with extra charges (like bags and reserved seats) they are big, new, comfortable planes. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again: I personally like the leg stretching break in Rejavik en route.

I know this is traditionally true, but in the days of allegiant and frontier making their pricing each way; not sure that is. We need multi city on delta and two one way tickets were almost the same price as the multi city ticket

Allegiant and Frontier don’t fly to Europe to my knowledge.

Before booking any one way fare from Europe, check out WOW.com which connects major European cities through Iceland to US cities including Miami.

I took wow from France to BWI for my HS reunion and although they are replete with extra charges (like bags and reserved seats) they are big, new, comfortable planes. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again: I personally like the leg stretching break in Rejavik en route.

You are talking about Icelandair, I assume?

We're sailing on the Prisendam in July, 2018 and I've already booked our round-trip flights from Los Angeles to Amsterdam thru Holland America at a cost of $2647. My travel agent found that using Holland America was the cheapest flight.

We're sailing on the Prisendam in July, 2018 and I've already booked our round-trip flights from Los Angeles to Amsterdam thru Holland America at a cost of $2647. My travel agent found that using Holland America was the cheapest flight.

Please tell me that’s for two?

Allegiant and Frontier don’t fly to Europe to my knowledge.

I never said they did. Just that deltas one way prices were roughly the same as a multi city ticket. So their pricing may be spreading to traditional airlines.

I never said they did. Just that deltas one way prices were roughly the same as a multi city ticket. So their pricing may be spreading to traditional airlines.

Europe doesn’t work that way unless on a very budget airline. A one way ticket to Europe on mainstream lines is usually a lot more than a return. So saying a multi-city or open jaw is getting like two one way tickets is way off.

I have a deposit on a cruise in 2019. If everything goes well between now and then we will need to fly home from one of the cities in Europe. Either Amsterdam or Zurich, or even Rome. Since I won't be flying until May 2019 there are no flights that far out. We will be flying economy from One of these cities back to either Ft Lauderdale or Miami. I just don't know what to budget for airfare. Anyone who has done this before do you think $500.00 pp is enough?

BTW my cruise was just on sale for Thanksgiving so now I have free gratuities (about $800 worth for the two of us) Another thing to be thankful for!!!

We are sailing on the Zuiderdam TA in April and booked our flights on Delta through HAL and have r/t Myrtle Beach to FLL and Copenhagen to Myrtle Beach (with stops) for $567 pp (Coach). Friends who live in Miami booked one-way with Norwegian Air for under $500 in their Economy Comfort.

Other TA's we have paid through HAL's Flight Ease in the $800's pp for r/t Multi-City.

We typically fly with United. Compared their RT lowest price airfare with Travelocity on United. I know this may sound crazy but theexact same flight thru Travelocity with included one night lodging was about 800-1,000 cheaper than United! Crazy but it was cheaper cause it was a package deal.

We typically fly with United. Compared their RT lowest price airfare with Travelocity on United. I know this may sound crazy but theexact same flight thru Travelocity with included one night lodging was about 800-1,000 cheaper than United! Crazy but it was cheaper cause it was a package deal.

It might be the same flight but not likely the same rules. It's probably a consolidator ticket. You won't notice a difference as long as nothing goes wrong.