Cyber Monday Drink package - worth it?

Sorry if this was previously posted and I missed it. I saw just a question on the basic soda package only.

The deal is $56 per day (plus gratuity) for the Deluxe Beverage Package and VOOM One Device package. Or $43 without Voom, but I do think having internet would be beneficial too.

Not sure if it is ever offered cheaper on board or prior to sailing (April 2018)? Should I pull the trigger now?

TIA!

Sorry if this was previously posted and I missed it. I saw just a question on the basic soda package only.

The deal is $56 per day (plus gratuity) for the Deluxe Beverage Package and VOOM One Device package. Or $43 without Voom, but I do think having internet would be beneficial too.

Not sure if it is ever offered cheaper on board or prior to sailing (April 2018)? Should I pull the trigger now?

TIA!

If you are happy with the price, pull the trigger. If the price goes down, you can cancel and re-order.

TIA!

I don't think it will ever be cheaper onboard. Book it now, and if it goes down, cancel and rebook. It rarely goes lower than that. We did get it for $38 on our cruise earlier this year, but I think that is very rare.

Our Allure price went down to $45 and I wanted to purchase for three people. It is 25% off I think. I took it. I figured

if it goes lower, I'll just rebook but for all the threads I read, I never have seen anyone get it online lower than 30% so I was happy with 25%.

Enjoy!

my wife has diabetes and rarely drinks. is there any way to get just myself on the drink package?

Many people have been successful calling in to book and get an exception. If it ever goes to 30% on mine, I might be trying it since I already have the replenish, and my wife would like to drink, but I rarely do.

TIA!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

If you want drinks and internet that’s a relatively good price for a bundle

Definitely a good price for bundling the drinks and internet, I haven't seen this package offered until today and I've been booked for 8 months for my cruise that leaves in 6 days.

On the other hand, the deluxe beverage package by itself has been marked at $44/day (with gratuities then added on at checkout) on my sailing for at least the past 3 months, probably even longer. It's advertised as 20% off onboard prices, so if you are definitely going to buy a package I would think ordering online would be the way to go.

As a frame of reference- I sailed during March (spring break time) of 2016 and they bumped it up to $55 (again with gratuities at checkout) a day. I believe I was monitoring it and was disappointed because at one point it was in the 40s pre-tip if I recall correctly. I had to wait regardless because I was planning on using OBCs to partially pay for it, and my understanding was at that time I couldn't use OBCs to pay for booze through cruise planner, only on the ship. Whether that was an actual policy at the time or not I don't know (just covering my butt in case I get corrected, I'm pretty sure it was) but I believe I ended up paying $65 a day total on board but it was worth it due to the OBCs. It was my understanding that they bumped up the prices because it was spring break time. I imagine non-sb timing it will end all be $55 a day.

Too long; didn't read: Good price no bundle, great price with bundle.

We don’t need 2 internet packages so I purchased the deluxe beverage at 20% off and separately purchased 1 Vroom. Over the weekend the internet went on sale so canx our original Vroom and rebooked. So ended up $10 a day cheaper. Not much but pays for parking:D.

Can we not purchase the beverage packages individually? Does it need to be purchased for everyone in the state room.

The cruise line has lately been requiring all adults in the stateroom to purchase the Deluxe beverage package. Some people report that if you call, they will let one person buy Deluxe and the other buy Refreshment.

Hi guys can you tell me how you found this special offer? I cannot find it anywhere other than in the blogs or here on the board.

If there is a sale on your sailing, it will show up in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

Just wanted to confirm that I just called and booked the Deluxe package for myself and Refreshment for my husband who does not drink alcohol at the sale prices reflected in Cruise Planner ($43/$18 for Oasis in April). No issues at all with the booking and have confirmation email already. Cheers!

Just wanted to confirm that I just called and booked the Deluxe package for myself and Refreshment for my husband who does not drink alcohol at the sale prices reflected in Cruise Planner ($43/$18 for Oasis in April). No issues at all with the booking and have confirmation email already. Cheers!

I assume you had to call to do this, and could not purchase this way via the Cruise Planner on Royal's website?

I assume you had to call to do this, and could not purchase this way via the Cruise Planner on Royal's website?

That's correct Bob, on the Cruise Planner it would not let me opt my husband out of Deluxe. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was by calling though - less than 3 minutes on hold and transaction took less than 5 minutes. You can probably see from my signature that my cruising experience is with Celebrity, so we are used to the ease of drink packages and are very excited to try them out on RC!

That's correct Bob, on the Cruise Planner it would not let me opt my husband out of Deluxe. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was by calling though - less than 3 minutes on hold and transaction took less than 5 minutes. You can probably see from my signature that my cruising experience is with Celebrity, so we are used to the ease of drink packages and are very excited to try them out on RC!

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if the Cruise Planner would allow one person in the stateroom to purchase Refreshment. Just trying to figure out how they have the Cruise Planner programmed. I'm pretty sure that it would let one person purchase the Classic Soda package.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if the Cruise Planner would allow one person in the stateroom to purchase Refreshment. Just trying to figure out how they have the Cruise Planner programmed. I'm pretty sure that it would let one person purchase the Classic Soda package.

I actually tried this and it did let me choose just the Refreshment for him and nothing for myself. When I selected Deluxe though, it put both of us in it and would not let me uncheck the box for him.

I actually tried this and it did let me choose just the Refreshment for him and nothing for myself. When I selected Deluxe though, it put both of us in it and would not let me uncheck the box for him.

OK, answered my question. Deluxe for one and Refreshment for the other cannot be done online.