Help Me Understand - Why No Cruise Next Certs Value Reinstatement?

sure2sail

We were booked on the Sun for a November sailing. At the end of October (less than 30 days out) we found out my mom has cancer and has less than a year to live. There was no way we could continue with our vacation plans, so we cancelled.

I have read NCL's cancellation policy and believe I understand what they will and won't refund, however what I don't understand is why they won't reinstate the value of the two Cruise Next certificates that we used to pay for this cruise. I feel the certificates should be treated differently than the actual payment. They are already keeping a substantial amount of our money so why not keep us on as loyal customers and let us use those Cruise Next Certificates on a future cruise?

We like NCL and will plan to cruise with them again, but this really ticks me off.

Julie

You got the certs at half price on your prior cruise. So you are only losing half the value of them; which would have been a non-refunded deposit either way. Not understanding why you would think they should be refunded. Post final payment your deposit is forfeited; cancel close to sailing a bulk of your cost is forfeited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have cancel for any reason insurance? Sorry, but, your "deposits" are subject to the same terms as cash. You have these refunded when your cancellations are BEFORE final payment- if your booking doesn't have other restrictions?

Sorry, you have no claim and aren't entitled to any refund outside the terms of your booking.

The same thing happened to me in Feb.

Had to cancel a week before the cruise because my mother in law went palliative we couldn't go.

They wouldn't even apply it to the cruise I already had booked. Yes NCL did upset me!

Absolutely FINAL payment, IS the issue. IF you are past final payment, what makes you think you will get your money back from NCL?? You will NOT. Take a look at the Cancellation policy. The terms are clearly written. I don't get why some, seem to think the Cruise Next deposit is somehow not part of your payment???? It certainly is.

I agree with the others that since you are past the final payment date you are going to lose the certificates as part of the cancellation penalty. Did you have travel insurance? That would help you recoup your lost money.

On the more important note, I am so sorry you are going through this with your mom. Cancer sucks. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Make them part of your insurance claim.

It's doubtful they even have a claim unless they have CFAR insurance . Unless death is imminent the reason for cancellation is basically because they received a bad prognosis for the mom

Had the prognosis been death in a matter of days or hours that's a different story regardless of CFAR

Sent from my iPad using Forums