Wine Instead of Elite Mini Bar Setup - Question

RealDeal

I read that you can substitute a bottle of wine for the Elite mini bar setup...is it any bottle under $40 or is there a specific list to choose from?

Yes, you can call Room Service.

Room Service gives you a choice of wines that you can order.

I do it quite often.

I read that you can substitute a bottle of wine for the Elite mini bar setup...is it any bottle under $40 or is there a specific list to choose from?

It used to be any bottle under $40. However, on the Regal in September they would only trade for wines on the room service list. I tried to tell the room service person that in the past it had been any wine under $40, but she checked with the supervisor and said it had to be a wine on the room service list. So I got coffee cards. I don’t know if that applied only to the Regal or to all ships or maybe to just whoever was in charge of room service at that time. Princess is nothing if not inconsistent.

It used to be any bottle under $40. However, on the Regal in September they would only trade for wines on the room service list. I tried to tell the room service person that in the past it had been any wine under $40, but she checked with the supervisor and said it had to be a wine on the room service list. So I got coffee cards. I don’t know if that applied only to the Regal or to all ships or maybe to just whoever was in charge of room service at that time. Princess is nothing if not inconsistent.

Did you meet with the room service person and their supervisor in person? I recently had an experience where people checked with their supervisors and were still completely in the weeds on the question. Either the supervisor was misinformed or the supervisor was imaginary.

It would somewhat make sense that the exchange is limited to a bottle of wine on the room service list as that is what they have in stock where the room service orders are serviced. Anything else would require them to obtain the bottle from another location. If you have ever been on a galley tour, perhaps you saw the place they store the wine for the MDRs. Obviously they are kept in a wire cage with limited access.