Miami

Oville

Terminal J. 1120 Caribbean Way, Miami. What it will be using for our cruise this January on the Sky. Assume that it's the same for any VO ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much, grateful for the info.

Katie

Terminal J. 1120 Caribbean Way, Miami. What it will be using for our cruise this January on the Sky. Assume that it's the same for any VO ship.

Wait! You can't assume anything when it comes to the cruise ports (unless the cruiseline has built its own terminal in the port, which Viking has not done). Viking might not always be assigned to the same terminal and if you look at the answers to this very same question on the other thread called Miami, there are people reporting that they were at Terminal 1.

Katie, I think that you are going to have to patient and wait to see what it says when you get your cruise docs package.

What I tried to find for the Port of Miami and couldn't was the schedule of which ships were due in port and where they are scheduled to be berthed. But, there are some folks who are more familiar with these schedules who might have better luck than I have.

Wait! You can't assume anything when it comes to the cruise ports (unless the cruiseline has built its own terminal in the port, which Viking has not done). Viking might not always be assigned to the same terminal and if you look at the answers to this very same question on the other thread called Miami, there are people reporting that they were at Terminal 1.

Katie, I think that you are going to have to patient and wait to see what it says when you get your cruise docs package.

What I tried to find for the Port of Miami and couldn't was the schedule of which ships were due in port and where they are scheduled to be berthed. But, there are some folks who are more familiar with these schedules who might have better luck than I have.

Excellent point. Terminal J is right near or is the nominal Royal Caribbean terminal. So it may be that Viking is like a little gypsy. It gets whatever terminal is available and that suits their size ship. I also tried a google search like you did starting with the official site for the port of miami. No joy.

Excellent point. Terminal J is right near or is the nominal Royal Caribbean terminal. So it may be that Viking is like a little gypsy. It gets whatever terminal is available and that suits their size ship. I also tried a google search like you did starting with the official site for the port of miami. No joy.

Port of Miami website described three of the terminals including J and had this to say about J:

PortMiami’s boutique cruise terminal designed to cater to small vessels and luxury cruises, Terminal J is undergoing a $3 million facelift. Upgrades include the incorporation of a fully automated “One-Stop Shop” for Customs & Border Protection (CBP); remodeling of existing ground floor restroom facilities, and the addition of a new exterior escalator.

Port of Miami website described three of the terminals including J and had this to say about J:

PortMiami’s boutique cruise terminal designed to cater to small vessels and luxury cruises, Terminal J is undergoing a $3 million facelift. Upgrades include the incorporation of a fully automated “One-Stop Shop” for Customs & Border Protection (CBP); remodeling of existing ground floor restroom facilities, and the addition of a new exterior escalator.

[emoji1] "Undergoing facelift" means that when we arrive there this January all those nice neato new features will still be "in the process of becoming".

So, it turns out that the person who reported Terminal 1 actually mis-read what his cruise docs said. His docs say Terminal J as well. It is looking better for terminal J--but that still doesn't mean that Viking will always be assigned to J.

Linda,

Thanks for commenting on this. I looked again and mine says J also. I guess I didn’t look close enough. I’m on the Sun for Mia-LA.

I think I may need new glasses before the trip.

lol 👓 Really looking forward to this cruise. See you onboard.:ship:

So, it turns out that the person who reported Terminal 1 actually mis-read what his cruise docs said. His docs say Terminal J as well. It is looking better for terminal J--but that still doesn't mean that Viking will always be assigned to J.

Makes sense. I was a little confused because when I viewed the port of miami via Google maps all the terminals were lettered - A, B, etc.

Just keep in mind that terminal assignments can change. We were supposed to embark today from terminal J, south part of port, but didn't. The Sun was at E or F, northern side, between 2 Norwegian and Oceania ships. All terminals are at the same port, though, so it really doesn't matter all that much. Just call the ship on embarkation day to make sure you have correct info or look for the Viking smokestack if your cab or Uber driver isn't familiar with Viking.

Thanks everyone. Our cruise docs do say “J” as they did last December on Oceania. Only problem with that was it is the rough side of the Port of Miami that day as the weather didn’t cooperate so we out of one and returned to a different terminals, neither of which was “J”. Fortunately they had sutttle busses to take us back to our car. We never saw Terminal “J”.

Again, thanks for you input.