EZ Aiir and Seat assignments

Darcy8

We have booked flights through EZ Air. I went to check on fligihts and EZ air wouldn't let me in to see available flights saying there was a change in my itinerary and to call Princess. I called Princess, after checking the United Web site ( all flights were the same). Princess looked into it and said a flight number had changed and nothing else. When I was able to go on EZ air again the seat reservations on one leg of our flights had disappeared. We can't get our original seats on EZ air site as they are shown as taken. They are taken on the United site, by us. My question is if we are showing as having certain seats on the United web site do I need to worry that they don't show on the EZ air site.

Your EZ Air record is just a compilation (usually) of the information in the airlines’ records. If your airline record reads correctly, you’re fine. In case of an error or change or confusion at the gate, it is the airline records you will be working with, not the Princess records.

Your EZ Air record is just a compilation (usually) of the information in the airlines’ records. If your airline record reads correctly, you’re fine. In case of an error or change or confusion at the gate, it is the airline records you will be working with, not the Princess records.

Exactly. During the last several months the price of my EZ air dropped about 4 times. Each time I call Princess to get the adjustment, they tell me seating remained the same. They didn’t and neither did the airline locator numbers. It was not a problem to go to the airline (in this case it was 2 different airlines) and select new seats. Saving money more important than a little inconvenience. I love EZ air. Nothing like it on other cruise lines.

As long as the airline locator stays the same, the seat assignment will remain the same (unless a new aircraft is substituted). If you change your EZair reservation for something less expensive or time change, you may get a new airline locator and new seat assignments. I always go to the airline website as soon as I get an airline locator and pick my seats there. Bottom line take the airline locator and go to their website.

Exactly. During the last several months the price of my EZ air dropped about 4 times. Each time I call Princess to get the adjustment, they tell me seating remained the same. They didn’t and neither did the airline locator numbers. It was not a problem to go to the airline (in this case it was 2 different airlines) and select new seats. Saving money more important than a little inconvenience. I love EZ air. Nothing like it on other cruise lines.
I use EZ air for the first time. How do you check that airfare goes down. Thank you for the help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I use EZ air for the first time. How do you check that airfare goes down. Thank you for the help.

I check two or three times a day to see if prices on my flights dropped. In 2 months, I have been able to save $215 on the flights which is awesome.

As far as checking, there are two ways:

1. Login to the Cruise Personalizer and then look at the travel arrangements. There you can select "add or modify flights". The next screen you select "change flights" and it will bring you to the search screen. Go ahead and search and it will bring flights back. It will NOT cancel your existing reservation unless you actually go all the way through and confirm (there is a warning pop up screen to alert you when you are going to book). If you find a lower price, you can either proceed with the booking there, or call princess. If you don't find a lower price, there is a "return to manage flights" and a "return to cruise Personalizer" link that will take you back. No harm at all.

2. Search for your cruise date under the normal cruise search, and then click the "cruise details". From there will be a link to "flight quotes". Fill out the search info and it will search. If you find a low rate this way, you will need to call princess to book it.

I want to say I remember hearing someone say that option #2 did not give you all the flights, but I don't think that is true as I haven't seen a difference (I have looked both ways)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

There are different ways to check. I don’t want to fool around with my reservation so I do a fake reservation on the website and look at the flight options. It’s just as if you were looking to book your cruise again. If your flight cost has gone down or you find a better flight, you can change your flights easily up until 45 days (I believe) before your cruise.

I agree with you - I love EZ air and I used to not be a fan. Just FYI - EVERY time you get a lower price with EZ Air, they will completely cancel that locater # and give you a new locater #. You need to use the airline's locater # (which can be different) to book seats. Our seats stayed the same on some of the cancellations, and on others, they were lost but like you said, it was worth the price savings. :)

The seating shown on the airline's website is definitely what matters. I also check any EZAir flights quite frequently. One minor frustration though is that if you do find a lower fare, you need to retype in your frequent flyer and trusted traveler numbers each time. I say it's minor though as a little extra typing isn't that big of a deal when you're saving hundreds of dollars. It would be nice if we could store these numbers in our Princess profiles.

I check two or three times a day to see if prices on my flights dropped. In 2 months, I have been able to save $215 on the flights which is awesome.

As far as checking, there are two ways:

1. Login to the Cruise Personalizer and then look at the travel arrangements. There you can select "add or modify flights". The next screen you select "change flights" and it will bring you to the search screen. Go ahead and search and it will bring flights back. It will NOT cancel your existing reservation unless you actually go all the way through and confirm (there is a warning pop up screen to alert you when you are going to book). If you find a lower price, you can either proceed with the booking there, or call princess. If you don't find a lower price, there is a "return to manage flights" and a "return to cruise Personalizer" link that will take you back. No harm at all.

I have had them cancel my existing reservation without the warning message. It cost me several 100 dollars, as they would not reinstate at the price I had.

I'll never use method 1 again.