New to Celebrity.

tigger54

My husband and I are taking a 3 day cruise on Celebrity Equinox in January to see how we like Celebrity. We mostly have been cruising with Carnival but wanting to branch out.

Does Celebrity ever upgrade for free or call to offer an upgrade?

What is the dress code in dining room on non-elegant nights?

Also, will Celebrity have an elegant night on a 3 day cruise?

Any other info would be great.

Thanks

The short cruises have a different atmosphere to longer ones, this is how we started with a 4 nighter. We found it more party than longer cruises. Celebrity is a fantastic cruise line and hope you have a great time. They tend to upgrade where cabins are free and you booked a guarantee rather than move people from selected cabins, we got a call before we departed but it's only happened twice in 15 cruises.

Celebrity website has a good section on dress code and I'm sure someone will post it here. There are no formal nights but there maybe an elegant chic night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dress code is all over the place. Just go dressy casual like going to a country club.

Celebrity will probably not give you a free upgrade. They may call you to pay for an upgrade so know your prices. You may want to monitor prices after final payment and then you may be able to move to another category for free.

It should be a party atmosphere very similar to the line you have been on. Younger crowd as well. More drinking.

If you are celebrating a special event, try one of the Specialty Restaurants. Costs more but many feel worth it. Murano is really special. Have fun!

I don't believe they do the "chic nights" on 3-day cruises. Could be wrong, but thought I saw that somewhere...

Went on one shorter Carnival cruise - it was "nice", but won't do again (just our opinion). Loved the atmosphere on Celebrity the first time in September, so booked another for next year.

My husband and I are taking a 3 day cruise on Celebrity Equinox in January to see how we like Celebrity. We mostly have been cruising with Carnival but wanting to branch out.

Does Celebrity ever upgrade for free or call to offer an upgrade?

What is the dress code in dining room on non-elegant nights?

Also, will Celebrity have an elegant night on a 3 day cruise?

Any other info would be great.

Thanks

I am so sorry that you will only have three days to enjoy Celebrity. The two lines are very much polar opposites IMHO. Celebrity is much classier and calmer, with better quality food and a more sophisticated ambience. Their clientele is more seasoned, along with their venues. Furthermore, no wet T-shirt contests and extremely loud and unruly passengers. Although, one can never guarantee that it could not happen. Carnival cultivated a more younger and crazier crowd, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a ton of fun and pay a cheaper price. It just depends on what us most important to you at this point in your life...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums