Carry on soft drinks

Char47

Carnival allows each passenger to carry on one unopened 12 pack of soft drinks does NCL allow that or has anyone put some in their bag and what happened. We will be leaving from Tampa and live in Tampa.

NCL doesn't allow that. Check out the FAQ's under "liquor and beverage policy" for full terms.

If you carry on they will take them away.

If you check them you will be called to the "naughty room" and they will take them away. You will be inconvenienced probably waiting in line. For nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival allows each passenger to carry on one unopened 12 pack of soft drinks does NCL allow that or has anyone put some in their bag and what happened. We will be leaving from Tampa and live in Tampa.

I thought Carnival had changed policy to forbid any carried on drinks? Are you sure they are allowing soda?

I thought Carnival had changed policy to forbid any carried on drinks? Are you sure they are allowing soda?

Jana60, I believe you can still bring a small quantity as long as it is not in bottles. This is from their T & C.

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

• A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, steakhouse or bar. A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle served that was not bought on the premises.

• 3 months later...

Last year, I mistakingly left some mini bottles in my luggage that I gave to the porters before embarking on the Getaway. I thought about them as the bags went around the corner....bag and mini bottles (6) made it to the room. With me having the UBP the mini bottles flew home with me... :)

NCL.... is really nickeling and dimeing.... Now I know why I refuse to cruise this line. Atleast on Carnival you can open the bottle of wine you take on for consumption in room without a fee....NCL nails you $15 per bottle regardless.... Plus no soda allowed.

Last year, I mistakingly left some mini bottles in my luggage that I gave to the porters before embarking on the Getaway. I thought about them as the bags went around the corner....bag and mini bottles (6) made it to the room. With me having the UBP the mini bottles flew home with me... :)

mini bottles of what?

NCL.... is really nickeling and dimeing.... Now I know why I refuse to cruise this line. Atleast on Carnival you can open the bottle of wine you take on for consumption in room without a fee....NCL nails you $15 per bottle regardless.... Plus no soda allowed.

At least you finally figured out why you refuse to cruise on NCL. Should put your mind at ease. ;)

Seems kind of odd then that you would waste your time posting on the NCL forum.

I am a Diet Coke girl... So once I go through security and I am in the waiting area right before boarding... There are Coke Machines :) I bring $$$ and get a few bottles... Divide them up between the family members carry on and whalah I have DC for my trip :) Once you are in the waiting room there are no more security checks.:cool:

One less thing on my mind...

What are you doing on an NCL message board then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Diet Coke girl... So once I go through security and I am in the waiting area right before boarding... There are Coke Machines :) I bring $$$ and get a few bottles... Divide them up between the family members carry on and whalah I have DC for my trip :) Once you are in the waiting room there are no more security checks.:cool:

I was hoping to do this in Miami on our last cruise, but FYI all the vending machines were out of Diet Coke. Looks like other cruisers got there first. Just mentioning not to count on this.